Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hip-hop Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    Other good shit:

Edan ~ Old school tribute with off-the-wall lyrics and sick beats. What's great: dude looks like a Jewish frat boy but sounds like LL.

Murs ~ One of the few albums where I cared about what the rapper said. Check out Definitive Jux's website.
    Murs is on the Z-trip album, he's also from the living legends crew and on a bunch of their solo stuff. I think he's even on that rapper big pooh album. This gonna be a big year for Murs. I also have some of his stuff on vinyl.

When I went to the scratch tour the lineup was Jazzy J, Grand wizard Theodore, Q-bert, Z-trip, Dilated Peoples.

http://www.mp3.com/updates.php?arti...rticle_id=38206
    Well, I'm fucking excited. That's a sick collaboration.
    (EDIT) OMG I dunno how I forgot to mention this

The perceptionists-black dialouge- I love this album and been playing it constantly since it came out. They are Mr.Lif, Akrobatik and Dj Faksone and the whole album is solid. I'm gonna go see them in concert this Saturday too.

I also seen a remix album for Lyrics born's album Same damn day. It was called something like another #$(%@ day and had remixes by Dj shadow and a load of others. I need to pick it up.

I really liked that pretty tony album and ghost face made a TON of appearances on everyones albums last year and this year. Him and El-P do a song on the new prefuse 73 album. They say they are ghostface and laser face hehe.
    Last edited by Rtificial; 17 May 2005 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniGear
    The Last Emperor. Check it out if you like hip hop even the slightest bit. Same with K-OS.
    Ah yes. Omni made me DL Palace of the Pretender, and it's fucking awesome. Dude goes on for 10 minutes in one song about what would happen if rappers fought comic book stars.

3. Don't forget about the (MF) Doom meets Iron Man (Ghost face) album that should be coming out... one of these days. I heard Danger Mouse might do production.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    Don't forget about the (MF) Doom meets Iron Man (Ghost face) album that should be coming out... one of these days. I heard Danger Mouse might do production.
    I've still not been able to find Danger mouse's album and I've been interested in hearing it after the whole grey album thing.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial
    I've still not been able to find Danger mouse's album and I've been interested in hearing it after the whole grey album thing.
    Which album?

6. Dj Danger mouse-Ghetto pop life. I believe he has another album out also, I just gotta look it up.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial
    Dj Danger mouse-Ghetto pop life. I believe he has another album out also, I just gotta look it up.
    Ghetto Pop Life isn't that bad, but I think the Grey Album was more consistent.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    Don't forget about the (MF) Doom meets Iron Man (Ghost face) album that should be coming out... one of these days. I heard Danger Mouse might do production.
    That would be tight. Especially if RZA and Mad Lib produced it.

9. Well I went to the perceptionist show Saturday night and had a great time. Mr. Lif is a really nice guy in person. They had this group open up for them called Asamov and they were pretty damn good also. They had 4 MC's and reminded me a little of J5 without the singing/harmony just party rhymes. I'm trying to track down their stuff cause they seem about to blow up soon. I was checking their site at www.6hole.com and they are on the same label as rapper big pooh.

10. FOR RICH: I bought the new Common today. It's sex on plastic.

I love you, Kanye.