Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Playstation 3 Thread.

1. more...

Sony also unveiled the PS3's graphics chip, the RSX "Reality Synthesizer based on Nvidia technology. The GPU will be capable of 128bit pixel precision, 1080p resolution, some of the highest HD resolution around. It also has over 300 million transistors lager than any processor available commercially today. It was manufactured using the 90nm process with 8 layers of metal. The RSX is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 ultras, which would cost rough $1000 if bought today.

2. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Yea, a Sony produced graph based on a stat that really doesnt mean all that much.

Wooo.
    You STILL didn't read what ANYONE said. Hahaha.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Yea, a Sony produced graph based on a stat that really doesnt mean all that much.

Wooo. Seriously, you guys spent the last five years complaining about how Sony overhyped the shitty PS2 yet youre falling for the first stupid graph they produced on PS3? You guys are suckers.
    Yeah floating point only determines 3D performance, good thing we are going through a 2D renaissance right now!

4. Not sure if these pictures are legit PS3 screen shots. Take it for what it's worth.

Metronome

2 Days to Vegas

Last edited by The Chronicle; 16 May 2005 at 07:32 PM.

5. I called that bluetooth shit in the other PS3 thread.

edit: nintendo revolution thread
    Last edited by cka; 17 May 2005 at 08:24 AM.

6. Man, this is so great. It looks like it completely destroys the 360 on every level in terms of hardware. Now let's see that online service, Sony, you douche bags.

7. Who cares. if their first wave/launch games suck shit, like the PS2 launch then I'm getting an Xbox360 first.

It's all about the games. The system is secondary.

8. I'm wondering, how many of the add-on features (support for 7 wireless controllers, various media inputs, 6 USB ports, etc) were added between Thursday and today?

9. Am I the only one completely unexcited about the relative graphic power of these new systems?

I'm honestly not expecting to see a hugely noticable difference between XBox, PS3, and Revolution games. It doesn't matter and I don't care.

10. Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicle
    Don't be a douche.