Page 1 of 118 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Playstation 3 Thread.

1. PlayStation  2 Official Playstation 3 Thread.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05...s_6124681.html

It deserves it's own thread.

It's called PlayStation 3.

Release is 2006.

Backwards compatible.

Blu-Ray.

Sony also confirmed the PlayStation 3, will use Blu-Ray discs as its media format. The discs can hold up to six times as much data as current-generation DVDs. It will also supporrd CR-ROM, CDR+W, DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R. It also confirmed the machine would be backwards compatible all the way to the original PlayStation.

Sony also laid out the technical specs of the device. The PlayStation 3 will feature the much-vaunted Cell processor, which will run at 3.2 Ghz and feature 2.18 teraflops of performance. It will sport 256mb XDR main RAM at 3.2 Ghz, have 256MB of GDDR VRAM at 700mhz, a detachable 2.5 inch HDD slot, six usb 2.0 ports, Memory Stick Duo, a SD slot, a compact flash memory slot, Compact flash slot, 2 hdmi outputs, 1 av multi out, 1 SPDIF optical output, and 1-gigabit Ethernet built in port

The PlayStation 3 will also sport some hefty multimedia features, such as video chat, internet access, digital photo viewing, digital audio and video. Sony Computer Entertainment head Ken Kutaragi introduced it as a "Super computer for computer entertainment."

Holy SHIT.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Andy

Holy SHIT.

What? Believe them? To Sony, Cell is the 2nd coming, bigger than Godzilla and you need at least to sacrifice to lesbian virgins to run the BIOS.
    http://img40.echo.cx/img40/4992/reconsig011dq.gif

"An evil entity on this KoF tournament? Sounds like Monday..."
    Av & Tag set by shinryuuken

3. A winner is PS3.

4. whatever @ the graph

awesome @ the hardware features.

Didn't see the non-Memory Stick shit coming, among other things

5. I dont care about Blu-Ray, and it looks like it wont be that much more powerful than 360, if at all.

No wireless? Lame.

Looks like this next generation is gonna be fought where it matters, the games and features that improve the games.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 16 May 2005 at 07:18 PM.

6. It will also sport a detachable 2.5 inch HDD.
    I don't think the hardware or any games were shown.
    Last edited by epmode; 16 May 2005 at 07:20 PM. Reason: i'm an idot

7. I like how it'll come it with a detachable HDD slot. And six USB 2.0 ports. The only thing I could see those could be useful for is if the controls use USB to plug into the system.

They should fuck their stupid proprietary format and just put in a hard drive. And make it wi-fi enabled. Otherwise, it's nifty sounding.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    I dont care about Blu-Ray, and it looks like it wont be that much more powerful than 360, if at all.

No wireless? Lame.

Looks like this next generation is gonna be fought where it matters, the games and features that improve the games.
    Are you incapable of reading graphs or something?

Also, SEVEN bluetooth wireless controllers.

9. Quote Originally Posted by piku
    Are you incapable of reading graphs or something?

Also, SEVEN bluetooth wireless controllers.
    Yea, a Sony produced graph based on a stat that really doesnt mean all that much.

Wooo. Seriously, you guys spent the last five years complaining about how Sony overhyped the shitty PS2 yet youre falling for the first stupid graph they produced on PS3? Before they even show a game, or a demo, or anything? You guys are suckers.

10. Good stuff, it's fully backwards compatible, and has all of the stuff that was already announced for the 360 in terms of CDs and DVDs being read and such. I'm sure they'll show off the Dual Shock 3 as well.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan