Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo Revolution Thread.

1. I also can't grasp a controller, or what the games will be like, because Nintendo isn't telling.

Nintendo is the four year old that says he can read, but won't read anything for you because "he doesn't feel like it". They don't have anything Revolutionary coming.

2. The only "revoultion" would be to have 100% free online play and a 149 dollar price point (make back some money with 60 dollar games). But I can't imagine Nintendo taking that kind of hit on the bottom line. Maybe the fact that thousands of suckers still buy Mario Party 6 for 50 dollars has given them some sort of disassociative break from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    I changed my sig becuase of this shit.

It still leads to my Halo 2 stats, but I think it sends a better message than before.
    Change it back, you can't have profanity that large in every post you make on the main forums.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. I seriously cant believe that Nintendo's biggest selling point for Revolution during that conference was that you can download and play their old NES and SNES games. The mind boggles, for reals. And that GameCube lineup is the saddest Ive ever seen.

9:35 am: Harrison introduces new Mario titles: Super Mario Strikers, Mario Baseball, Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix (big cheers), and Mario Party 7. Montage shows Fire Emblem, Geist, Killer 7, Pokemon XD, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Donkey Konga 2, Incredible Hulk 2, Madagascar, Madden NFL 06, One Piece, Scooby Doo, Spartan, Mario Mix, Mario Party 7, Strikers , Mario Party, WWE Day of Reckoning 2, Harvest Moon, Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball, Shadow the Hedgehog, Midway Arcade, Medal of Honor.
    And it had nothing about the DS online, and nothing about the Revolution online, and nothing about nothing!

5. MEGATON!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Change it back, you can't have profanity that large in every post you make on the main forums.

7. This sucks.

That's fucking Nintendo for you.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    MEGATON!
    OMG! This is the MEGATON!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

9. Satoru Iwata's recipe for a "next generation" Revolutionary unveiling:

A)Just show the system, nothing else and act like that is doing the fans a huge favor.

B)Tell Reggie to act enthused even though on the inside Reggie probably wants to slap Satoru back into next week.

C)Show Elektroplankton, Killer 7 and Nintendogs

D)Parade Miyamoto around and tell him to do something funny with Nintendogs

Wow, Iwata, it's no wonder I'm "tired of games" as you say. Just your stagnant bullcrap PR games that is.

Reggie on online gaming:

"Users won't face monthly gameplay bills."
    I'm with ya there, Reggie but...

Reggie says Nintendo is working to overcome the current "macho style of online games."
    ...I'm not with ya here. Reggie: "I'm about "kicking ass and taking names" but when Iwata tells me to promote a kinder, gentler online experience for the kiddies, I will back him up 100%."

Oh yes, and Reggie also apparently thinks the fact GBA has outsold the PS2 (duh) is somehow relevant and gives them an excuse not to try and push ahead int he home market:

"Today, you will begin to understand how our Revolution is preparing to storm the gates." Says Nintendo created the game space and "we're not moving out." He then compares the Game Boy Advance to PS2 in sales -- GBA has sold more than 28 million units in the US, even though it launched eight months later.
    Yeah, they created the space, Nintendo just isn't moving ANYWHERE IN IT. It has got to be frustrating for someone so enthusiastic like Reggie to work for such a clueless and dull person like Satoru Iwata.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 17 May 2005 at 02:20 PM.

10. Why is there no Pokemon MMO game? I'm not sure if pokemon is still cool with the kids or not, but last I checked it was like the best selling game ever or some shit. I know I would slunk down some change to play pokemon in an easy and cool online setting...fuck, that is all it would take to get my money Nintendo. WHY DONT YOU DO IT!
    your mom