Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo Revolution Thread.

1. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue
    It's apparently only 3 times more powerful than the GameCube...

:/
    It is amazing that they would even say that in a press release like it's anything except depressing and awful. I'm truly floored. I understand that this generation the power difference isn't going to be as big a deal as long as they're in the same ball park, but this isn't even playing the same sport.

2. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll
    As long as it keeps working for them, profitably, they'll probably continue to do it.
    I haven't done any serious work with Nintendo since the Super Nintendo days because of their reliance on outdated MIDI standards in music and their refusal to outsource any material for fear of media leaks, creative difficulties and what they think of as unnecessary expenditures. I can say that I'm happy to see Nintendo go down this slow-burn path to bankruptcy. From first-hand experience I can tell you that they do not care about you unless you're willing to fall for their marketing tactics and become convinced you're having fun with their outdated, creatively-stagnant products and ideas, all of which they make with shockingly low-cost budgets while selling the games to you at a high premium. They're not innovative at all, but their PR would sure as hell like you to believe it and tell everyone on forums like this one so you can ignore how cheap they are with you and buy Mario Party 9 and Donkey Konga 4. Do you want to know why they're so slow with a new Earthbound and why everything has Mario in it? Because they can't recoup the higher costs involved with a new, fresh game anywhere near as fast as they can with a quick Mario-themed multiplayer game sequel, all of which use the same graphics and models copied and pasted from every other Gamecube game.

I'm excited as a gamer to see if Nintendo will turn things around with this Revolution and put out the compelling products we all expected to get with the Gamecube, but the following quote of mine is where I know it's going to go.

Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; 17 May 2005 at 11:39 AM.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

3. Why hasn't anyone photoshopped a purple handle onto that thing yet?

4. I'm going to wind up throwing that thing into my wall if I get pissed...I just know it.
    your mom

5. Really slick. I think this is the first generation where I actually like the design of all three consoles.

I don't even have an HDTV yet, but Nintendo is once again stabbing themselves in the neck if they refuse to support it. Every passing year more and more people are adopting HDTVs, which will mean fewer and fewer adopting Revolutions.

6. id SO stick it in Tina Wood.

7. That desgin is way better than the other 2, I love it.

Its like the Monolith from 2001, and we all know what that did.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

8. How the hell am I supposed to put my Gamecube games in a slot-loading drive?
    And how is VGA going to work with Gamecube games that don't support progressive scan?

9. It looks like there is a little slot next to the DVD drive, like if fliped open will be where you put the GC discs.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

10. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa
    How the hell am I supposed to put my Gamecube games in a slot-loading drive?
    And how is VGA going to work with Gamecube games that don't support progressive scan?
    Some slot loading drives can take small cds. My mom's cd player in her car is designed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash!
    It looks like there is a little slot next to the DVD drive, like if fliped open will be where you put the GC discs.
    That would not be logical because the kids would put their gamecube games in the larger slot anyway.
    Last edited by perkyskirt; 17 May 2005 at 12:08 PM.