Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Sonic Rush screens.

1. I just watched a movie of this game on gamesarefun.com and it looks great! Now is half the game 2d and the boss battles 3d? or is Sonic composed of polys even on the 2d stages?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau
    Don't knock it until you play it. It works really well in practice feeling more like one big screen than two, and is the best use of the dual screen I've seen so far. Ten times better than just chosing your powerups in the new Mario.
    I think the effect of turning both screens into one big screen is pulled off as well as it could be, but it obviously doesn't take advantage of the fact that there are two independent screens.

That Mario thing makes no sense to me.
    How would you choose powerups when Mario is on the bottom screen?

3. I thought he was on the top?

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa
    That Mario thing makes no sense to me.
    How would you choose powerups when Mario is on the bottom screen?
    That moves to the top. It just swaps the screens, which seems neat the first time it happens until you realize it's a huge waste of the second screen. Then it becomes annoying.

The non-boss parts of Sonic Rush are a mix of 2d and 3d, but they blend much better than the New Super Mario does.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. But the top screen isn't a touchscreen.
    When the powerups are on the bottom, use them with the touchscreen.
    That's what confuses me.