Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last Man Standing

1. Last Man Standing

Well, there's finally a reason to start up Doom3 again on the comp. For starters we have the Last Standing Mod, which allows full co-op play through both Doom3 and the ROE expansion over the internet. Ping is usually great, but a few hiccups can be found here and there depending on how the server is set up(overall, it's fucking fantastic).

Then there's Classic Doom for Doom3. This is an entire remake of Doom1 in the Doom3 engine. It looks and plays phenominal, using the D3 engine to take advantage of dark corners to heighten the already awesome experience of old school Doom with a more profound sense of tension and dread. This is also fully playable in co-op using the LMS mod.

I've been hooked on this for a few days now and it seems that there is a need for more competent(ie; not a retarded 13yr old fob who joins a server, snags the ammo and runs into a pit and dies) squad of players. Hence why I've created this topic and will be providing links below. I'd love to get some massive group of Space Marine ownage going on online, and since there's almost no excuse for having a comp not able to run Doom3 now...this is a given if you're even remotely interested in either Doom3 or just a solid online co-op experience.

Classic Doom for Doom3: http://cdoom.d3files.com/
    LMS co-op modification: http://lms.d3files.com/

Note: Both of these mods require that you have Doom up to date(v.1.3) for them to work.

Note2: Yes, I'm fully expecting "fuck this, I'll play on xbl instead" replies but at least the offer and links are available.
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

2. Sweet. I may actually check this out.

3. I guess it's about time I picked up Doom 3 (or borrowed it from my friend).

4. btw; From what I've noted, after you update D3 to v.1.3 there is no need to have the cd in your system when playing the game. This could lead to alot of people jumping on if they're too cheap to buy a copy for 19.95
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

5. Nice, they finished that Classic Doom mod (well, as finished as it was going to get). I was just talking about that last night with one of my friends and meant to look it up today. Now I just need to free up some space to reinstall Doom 3.

6. I'm quite impressed with the detail that went into this and hopefully they'll get even more levels listed. Now the music on the other hand, I know it wouldn't be Doom without the classic tunes, but I've grown too accustomed to the music in both psx and n64 versions. I'm just hoping somebody will add an extra mod for that some point down the line.

I'm finding this amusing btw.
    Last edited by voltz; 04 Mar 2007 at 10:26 PM.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

7. thats cool!
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

8. I've only played the first stage of Doom 3 in over 3 years. This won't change that.

9. The crappy character model for the main character and the "sounds like a high school kid" voice acting really had me bummed out until I watched the gameplay.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    The crappy character model for the main character and the "sounds like a high school kid" voice acting really had me bummed out until I watched the gameplay.
    Heck yea, that vid looked sweet (gameplay wise).

Good stuff. I've never played doom 3, this makes me really wanna check it out though, to try the mod atleast.