Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Factor 5 developing exclusively for PS3.

1. Factor 5 developing exclusively for PS3.

In the wake of the consoles' unveiling, some developers are already leaning toward one platform.

"I was shocked by how powerful the new consoles are," said Julian Eggebrecht, president of the San Rafael, Calif.-based game development company Factor 5. "They should really free our development."

Eggebrecht said his company--which developed "Star Wars: Rogue Squadron" for Nintendo's GameCube--would create games exclusively for Sony's upcoming PlayStation 3.

The choice boiled down to performance, Eggebrecht said at E3 in Los Angeles. His company has worked with Microsoft's Xbox 360, but found PlayStation 3's 3.2GHz Cell chip offered more processing power. The additional performance allows the gang at Factor 5 to more easily simulate the real world for a better game experience, he said.
    Also interesting, if true:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psworl...005/sce02.html

* ' KILLZONE ' SCEE
    The FPS which designates the battlefield of the near future wind as the stage. Production is splendid e.g., the companions who, fight together speak. As for production Factor5.
    Say what you will of Factor 5's games, but man, if they're working on the engine and technical side of Killzone along with Guerilla, that shit actually has a chance of turning out looking like the trailer.

Either way, good news.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Where did that translation come from? Because I only see Guerilla Games on the actual linked page.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

3. Yeah, I just realized they changed it.

The first part of the post is still true, though.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

4. What has Factor 5 done for me lately?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    What has Factor 5 done for me lately?
    Made you a crappy Star Wars game and perhaps some sound drivers?
    They also made me a sandwich, but I think they spat in it before they gave it to me.

6. Factor 5, lol. Who cares about this news?

7. I </3 anti-Xbox rabblerousing.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    What has Factor 5 done for me lately?
    hey now.... Just call them Factor.

Or Ms. 5 if you nasty.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

9. Maybe these jerks can finally get Thornado (semi-sequal to the Turrican games) finished.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dave
    I </3 anti-Xbox rabblerousing.
    Rogue Leader > 99% of the Xbox's library.