Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Indonesian courts sentence Australian woman to 40 years.

1. Well... this is basically a life sentence anyway. She's over 20 years old. By the time she gets out of the nasty Indonesian prison system she'll be well over 60 years old. Any hope of a career or family of her own are out the window.

On the positive side Global News in Canada reported the story on the 6:30 news and said that the Australian government is attempting to get her transferred to Australia, where they will likely reduce the sentence given to her (I'm not sure by what, but probably to 5 years in prison)
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. A chunk of it's christian and shoot muslims, parts are hindu or buddhist. Has far more to do with the Suharto family and their political descendents being completely evil than religion.

But to the topic at hand - aside from the exorbitant term, why is everyone completely outraged at this again? What's the incontrovertable evidence that she was set up?
    -Kyo

3. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue
    Balinese are Hindu.

EDIT: And Schapelle's judge is Christian.
    OWNED!!!

4. Oh yeah. And most of the bali bombers were sentenced to death. The bombers that successfully appealed against their convictions did so because they were charged using retrospective laws that were created with the sole purpose of convicting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    On the positive side Global News in Canada reported the story on the 6:30 news and said that the Australian government is attempting to get her transferred to Australia, where they will likely reduce the sentence given to her (I'm not sure by what, but probably to 5 years in prison)
    Don't you remember? Australia IS a prison.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

5. Wasnt that story from 'BrokeDown Palace' real? I could've swore it was.

Sucks to be this lady either way. But, hey, the judge was right, there was no evidence to support that the weed had been planted in her bag. The law enforcement needs to keep on the situation though, and I'm sure if more of these cases start to pop up,than maybe they'll let her appeal. Assuming she really didnt do it,and some kind of evidence to support that materializes.

6. How CAN you get evidence of someone planting something in your bag? By the time you've found it it's too late or a big sigh of relief that they didn't find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    How CAN you get evidence of someone planting something in your bag? By the time you've found it it's too late or a big sigh of relief that they didn't find it.

Hmmm - fingerprinting, videocameras. Just some staunch investigating into the baggage handlers so maybe a felony can be pinned on them instead of unwary Australians.But, yeah, I'm not sure if they did find some drug smuggling ring, in the airport if that would exonerate her 100%. I'm betting she'd need more solid evidence to appeal her case.

8. Shit, I remember that kid a few years back who was ordered to be cained in Singapore for some stupid shit, and all the American news networks were demanding that heads roll. I don't think Indonesia would exist anymore had they given this sentence to an American. Tsunamis would be the least of their worrys.

9. hahaha I can't believe someone else besides me saw Brokedown Palace.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

10. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    We don't know these people. We don't know enough to make valid judgements about what is going on.

End of thread.
    Fuck that. I don't believe in the "lets never judge anything" philosophy of people today. I'll judge everything, then change my judgments as more facts arrive. It is what everybody does anyway, the difference is, pantywaists like you pretend that they don't judge because it's cool to be a nihilist.

Bra-vo.

A man molested children? "Don't judge"

He smokes a lot of crack? "Don't judge"

She punched her daughter in the face? "Don't judge"

I'm walking alone at night and a scary looking mofo asks me for the time? "Don't judge"

Fuck all that.

"Valid Judgments" *spits on you*