Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stupid Indonesian courts sentence Australian woman to 40 years.

1. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    But to the topic at hand - aside from the exorbitant term, why is everyone completely outraged at this again? What's the incontrovertable evidence that she was set up?
    theres no single incontrovertable piece of evidence as much as a series of lesser ones.

Firstly, There are other cases where people have turned up in bali and opened their bag to find a few kg of pot. In one particularly odd case, they rang an Australian authority asking what to do, and the advice they were given was to flush it down the toilet.

Secondly, it makes no sense to smuggle pot INTO bali from Australia. It would sell for a hell of a lot more here than anywhere in that region of the world.

Thirdly, a baggage handler confessed to planting it, saying it was supposed to end up in another Aussie city, however he couldn't name names because his life aswell as his family members were supposedly be at stake.

Fourthly, a major cocaine bust involving baggage handlers went down on the same day Chappelle left for Bali. Apparently, the government couldn't come forward with this because the case wasn't closed.

Theres probably more, but I didn't follow the case intently.

Personally, I think the sentance is way to harsh, but I'm unconvinced of her innocence or guilt for that matter. One big blow to her defense is that her brother is doing time for drug running, and to me it wouldn't be that much of a stretch of the imagination to suggest she was into it too.

Also, I think the way Australians and the media handled the situation was ultimately detrimental to her case. We have a nation talking shit about how fucked the indonesian legal system is, re-inforced by a biased media trying to cash in on everyones sympathy for her often by making out the indonesian legal bodies as enemies. Hell, I even heard one talk back radio guy spouting out ignorant racist shit about all indonesians, calling them "monkeys who don't even know english". We made the case huge and completely disrespected them in the process, so naturally they're gonna make an example out of her. The bali 9 are completely fucked and made things much harder for her too (group of 9 kids risked death by firing squad for $10000 AUD, delivering coke worth hundreds of thousands). One of them even had the audacity to say "Whatever happened to Chappel happened to me!", despite the fact that they found coke bags strapped to their bodies.

2. I think a country like Indonesian should be nuked off the planet, but that comes after the likes of Iraq which for some unjustified reason is still standing.

Trying to keep a fragile relationship with Jakarta intact, Australian Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said any criticism of Indonesia or its justice system would be counterproductive and reflect very badly on Australia.
    They earned every goddammed bit of it, plus more if they don't get this situation settled.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

3. The same judge has tried something like 500 other drug offenses, and he has ruled all of those on trial guilty.

I'd say thats a pretty good track record. He's batting 1.000.

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    Fuck that. I don't believe in the "lets never judge anything" philosophy of people today. I'll judge everything, then change my judgments as more facts arrive. It is what everybody does anyway, the difference is, pantywaists like you pretend that they don't judge because it's cool to be a nihilist.

Bra-vo.

A man molested children? "Don't judge"

He smokes a lot of crack? "Don't judge"

She punched her daughter in the face? "Don't judge"

I'm walking alone at night and a scary looking mofo asks me for the time? "Don't judge"

Fuck all that.

"Valid Judgments" *spits on you*

lol.

5. Fuck three strikes, you so much as foul once and the pitcher starts tossing grenades!

This is the kind of no nonsense, hardline conservative judiciary we need here in the good ole U. S. of A!
    Time for a change

6. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    This is the kind of no nonsense, hardline conservative judiciary we need here in the good ole U. S. of A!
    Then I have a life sentence in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

I was watching this story on the news, her sister flipped out when the verdict was read and was VERY uset when the press wanted to hear from here...

Anyways, I don't know how this one will turn out...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhydant
    The same judge has tried something like 500 other drug offenses, and he has ruled all of those on trial guilty.

I'd say thats a pretty good track record. He's batting 1.000.
    Now thats jus fucked

8. Quote Originally Posted by BrAnDX105
    Then I have a life sentence in prison.
    That's what you get for not praying hard enough.
    Time for a change

9. *stuffs a small bag in gozen's pocket.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"