Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Why fur should be banned.

1. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    I thought black people ate white people.
    No, they eat fried chicken.

For the record, this hasn't changed my stance on fur much... I've never exactly sought it out, but I'm sure it's been in some products that I've bought, but the video didn't set well with me at all. I didn't want to watch the whole thing. Maybe I'll think to ensure anything I'm buying is synthetic, but I don't exactly think that's going to make the fur industry go away.

And considering I eat foie gras, I'm probably part of the "animal rights problem", anyway. So I suppose no activist really cares what I think about this, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    No, they eat fried chicken.

For the record, this hasn't changed my stance on fur much... I've never exactly sought it out, but I'm sure it's been in some products that I've bought, but the video didn't set well with me at all. I didn't want to watch the whole thing. Maybe I'll think to ensure anything I'm buying is synthetic, but I don't exactly think that's going to make the fur industry go away.

And considering I eat foie gras, I'm probably part of the "animal rights problem", anyway. So I suppose no activist really cares what I think about this, anyway.
    I don't think you should care what activists care about what you think. But just so you know, the fur industry is definitely going downhill BECAUSE people stopped buying their shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico
    As said, we need to first worry about human starvation and torture and all sorts of wacked out practices occurring within our own species before we think about other animals.
    But thats my point. I don't think you can get people to really respect human lives when other self-aware life isn't respected. But that's like, my opinion. I just don't think the two concepts are independent.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

I'm not animal rights activist but fuck that was gruesome. Smashing their heads and skinning them alive hardly sounds humane. I don't care if someone kills an animal for fur but thats just torture.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    prolapsed rectum 4 lyfe.

4. I don't give a shit about animal rights. Why? I mean, I love animals. There is not a person you can find who is a greater animal lover than me, and when I see somebody doing something cruel to an animal it breaks my heart. But fuck if you can get me to care on the grand scale PETA wants me to. There are much more important and deadly problems to worry about than the slaughter of bunnys or whatever. How about the rampant destruction of the enviroment and pristine wilderness. That seems far more harmful to animals than somebody farming them to get fur. And hell, it effects me about 1000x more too. So, I start worrying about these sorts of things once we fix those problems. PETA needs to get some fucking priorities.
    your mom

5. Quote Originally Posted by NApOLm321
    I'm not animal rights activist but fuck that was gruesome. Smashing their heads and skinning them alive hardly sounds humane. I don't care if someone kills an animal for fur but thats just torture.
    Exactly!

Remember a time when you could buy things made from Ivory. There were documented cases of Rhino's with thier horn's cut off, left to bleed to death or defenseless to predators. Elephants became nearly extinct, because of this cruel trade as well.

North American governments banned animal traps, because of the cruelty that resulted from it. Animals would literally chew off a limb, in an attempt to escape certain death.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel

But thats my point. I don't think you can get people to really respect human lives when other self-aware life isn't respected. But that's like, my opinion. I just don't think the two concepts are independent.
    They are seperate. A respect for all life is one thing, but an equal respect for life is another. Because I sure as hell am not willing to start eating humans or stop eating cows.
    your mom

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mman
    I don't give a shit about animal rights. Why? I mean, I love animals. There is not a person you can find who is a greater animal lover than me, and when I see somebody doing something cruel to an animal it breaks my heart. But fuck if you can get me to care on the grand scale PETA wants me to. There are much more important and deadly problems to worry about than the slaughter of bunnys or whatever. How about the rampant destruction of the enviroment and pristine wilderness. That seems far more harmful to animals than somebody farming them to get fur. And hell, it effects me about 1000x more too. So, I start worrying about these sorts of things once we fix those problems. PETA needs to get some fucking priorities.
    This is where I am too. I have pets that I love, and I love all animals. But I can't stop these other people from beating animals to death for fur. And no one in this thread that complains about it does anything either other than not buying fur. That doesn't make you special... just about everyone doesn't buy fur. Until I see you putting yourself under a dying animal to stop them from beating it like that Chinese guy in front of a tank, you shouldn't talk. Altruism and ethics mean nothing if you don't act on them.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

8. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel
    You draw the line at self-aware. Other people draw the line elsewhere.

I certainly feel worse when I see a dead dog than I do when I see a dead spider.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    I just saw an ASPCA (the stop animal cruelty people) ad on tv. They did the smartest ad trick in the book, they showed puppies. Lots of 'em. Who can resist puppies? You got something wrong with you if you can. The last 2 they showed looked cool as hell.
    The ASPCA sucks. me and some friends found a live chicken out on the streets one day, and when we called the ASPCA they probably thought we were on crack or something, so we had to take care of that chicken all day. we tried to bring it to the farm, but the gate was locked. finally at about eight at night we decided to just leave the chicken outside the farm in a cardboard box. Two days later the ASPCA had the nerve to call back and ask how the chicken was doing. If they really cared they'd have come for it in the first place and saved me a day of caring for the chicken.

10. You should have told them you ate it.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"