Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS2 component question.

1. PS2 component question.

So I only have 1 S-Video, 1 Component and 2 AV outlets for my TV. I thought I'd save the trouble of always unhooking my wires so I want to get PS2 Component wires to replace the old AV ones.

My question is that there are a ton of 3rd party cables floating around the net for 4$ to 20$ a piece, when the official ones at the Sony Store are 44$.

And what's the difference with Hi-Definition cables? Are there only better results if used on an HDTV?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Rocca; 30 May 2005 at 06:48 PM.

2. the SONY ones are overpriced like Monster cables. youll always get somebody here that says theyre worth it but theyre not. ive got the mad catz component selector box. my xbox has the official MS cables and i have generic xbox/ps2 component cables for the ps2. the switch box causes some mild interference but when i have the systems hooked by themselves both official and non official dont make a difference to me.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    the SONY ones are overpriced like Monster cables. youll always get somebody here that says theyre worth it but theyre not. ive got the mad catz component selector box. my xbox has the official MS cables and i have generic xbox/ps2 component cables for the ps2. the switch box causes some mild interference but when i have the systems hooked by themselves both official and non official dont make a difference to me.
    I see. Any idea what HD cables are for?

4. I got Sony component cables for $25 at Best Buy I think. $44 is ridiculous.

5. I have a question... where can I find full PS2 DVD drives? Last time I searched, all I could find were parts of the drive sold individually. NCSX used to sell a variety of full PS and PSOne drives.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Kev
    I have a question... where can I find full PS2 DVD drives? Last time I searched, all I could find were parts of the drive sold individually. NCSX used to sell a variety of full PS and PSOne drives.
    http://www.videogamerepair.com/cgi-b...8&sid=7v7abKoV

ebay is cheaper tho. ive seen listings for just the laser or for the whole drive assembly.
    Last edited by Dyne; 30 May 2005 at 09:43 PM.

7. I got Sony component cables at Best Buy for I think $30. It may have been $40, though.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

8. I bought some generic brand for $14.95 I believe either from EB or Bestbuy way back. I have no complaints with it. Picture quality is beautiful.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NightWolve
    I bought some generic brand for $14.95 I believe either from EB or Bestbuy way back. I have no complaints with it. Picture quality is beautiful.
    Thank you! And I'm out the door to get some tomorrow. EDIT! Thing is, the only 3rd party junk in stores around here is MadCatz. And I fucking hate them. I bought a PS1 mem card off of them once and even though every file inside is intact, just putting a little pressure on the card makes this loud creaking noise. I hate their products.
    Last edited by Rocca; 30 May 2005 at 10:37 PM.

10. I bought a 2 in one component cable from Gamestop for $10. It's much easier to switch the cable from the Xbox to the PS2, than it is to do it from the back of my television. Buying a switchbox, for a couple of component inputs is harder on the wallet.