Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrono Trigger

Chrono Trigger

I need money right now and was thinking of selling my snes copy. I'm not a collector so I don't care about owning originals. But I would like to play through the game at some time in the future. Is the SNES version better than PSX version, or are they about the same?

I know many of you have owned both in your life time. I would like hear how you feel about what version is the best.

Please and thank you ^_^

2. Aren't they the same game?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Aren't they the same game?
    I'm not really sure. I have the snes version so I have had no reason to go out and buy the psx version.

However, you can get like 35 to 40 for just the cart on ebay right now. That is like 2 or 3 times more than the psx version.

4. The PSX version is quite rare I would imagine, maybe moreso than the SNES cart. Anyway, the game is essentially the same, but with a few anime cutscenes thrown in.

The PSX version has added cinemas and you don't have to worry about your battery backup blanking out.

The PSX one isn't rare at all.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

6. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    The PSX version has added cinemas and you don't have to worry about your battery backup blanking out.
    I wish they didn't soil it with the anime cutscenes but the ability to save to a more stable source gives the PSX version the edge in my opinion. With this new information I cast my ballot for PSX.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I wish they didn't soil it with the anime cutscenes but the ability to save to a more stable source gives the PSX version the edge in my opinion. With this new information I cast my ballot for PSX.
    Load times.

How bad are the load times?

9. The load times SUCK in the PSX version. I own it, but whenever I get the urge to play I just go with the SNES because I don't have to sit through a load time for absolutely everything.

How do the load times compare to other PSX rereleases of square games?