Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trees

1. Trees

women becoming trees mostly.The paintings are fairly quick so the quality varies =\:

First was done around the end of march. I'm trying to finish one every two days.

2. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. I like the first one the best, but they are all great.

Do a chick turning into a Jacaranda, you know you want too.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. I really really like this stuff. Your backgrounds, scenary, and sense of mood are amazing. Awesome work.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

5. Deeply disturbing, and yet so beautiful.
    Time for a change

6. I like how they all seem to be at peace turning into trees except for the last one.
    coincidentally, i like the last one the best, but that's just because it's different.

7. skills
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

8. What did you use? It appears to me like you used watercolor? Or am I mistaken?

9. Use of color is great. I found the odd one out to be the third one, which I liked least. The leaves on the right-hand tree of the second piece are brilliant.

Character's hands need some work though; granted, there aren't hardly in any of these pieces, but when there is they stick out.

Characters look painted in too, which is impressive. I'd have probably wimped out and inked in the contour lines (or at least supporting lines) and then painted over it. Nice job.

10. Character's hands need some work though; granted, there aren't hardly in any of these pieces, but when there is they stick out.

Characters look painted in too, which is impressive. I'd have probably wimped out and inked in the contour lines (or at least supporting lines) and then painted over it. Nice job.
    Thanks. Yeah, the few hands are pretty bad(It's painful to look at the guy in the last pic's forearm). That's partly due to the fact that I just drew everything out in the paint without any preliminary drawing... and partly because I suck at drawing hands =\

Quote Originally Posted by CherryLunar
    What did you use? It appears to me like you used watercolor? Or am I mistaken?

Gouache, which is just opaque watercolor.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I suddenly lost interest in turning women into trees after making this topic, so this ink drawing I did a little while ago is probably the last of em' :