Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: World of WarCraft Battle Piece

1. Can you please add an Infernal beating the shit out of a warlock?

Great work.

<3<3<3FURYFOX<3<3<3
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. The paladin looks especially Blizzardy. The NE warrior in the bottom right's shoulder actually look like the new Beaststalkers look, which isnt in game yet.

4. Goddamn, even the Night elf looks badass and I hate Night Elves

5. Those are some insanely clean pencils.

Good luck, man.

6. I demand colour.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Looks great so far. I love the fat outlines around the characters.

I think the house in the BG looks good too. Not neglected.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. And again I'm jealous of your illustration abilities.

I think maybe the outlines on the alliance side need toned down a bit. Up close the difference in outlines really stands out. The succubus is the weakest part of the drawing. She just looks unnatural and lacks the ferocity found in the rest of the characters.

10. Well, she is a succubus...ever play a warlock? The succubus just sort of skips to and fro while whipping people and slapping her own ass. Not a character to really take seriously. I did notice that the upper right corner is a little darker overall (which, despite my intentions to avoid it being that way, was also the last part finished). I'm hoping to fix imbalances like that with the painting.

Random story: To scan this picture, I took the 27x21 picture to a campus lab, that had a bigger (flat, with no lip) scanner. It could do it in four scans. However, the scanning quality was terrible and it took forever to even scan a preview. I eventually gave up and had to make 10 individual scans with my personal unit. That many is needed since the scanner has a lip and it distorts the light at the edge of the bed. I think certain parts of the picture have different tonal values, because I wasn't able to make them all up just right. I'll try to fix everything as I go along, although surprisingly, even putting a flat color behind the lines (like say, purple) makes a lot of the tonal problems disappear.