Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Panasonic HD televisions being cleared out of Walmart?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC

And who the heck here is going to spend a ton of cash on a tuner? "Oh no, I can play games in crispy, buttery smooth res but I won't be able to watch HDTV channels" doesn't immediately spring to mind when you live in the midwest. I just want a decent component TV to play some progressive scan Metroid Prime and Viewtiful Joe & some s video Saturn games.
    Most Dish services provide a free tuner and a DVR. It's also pretty cool to watch DVD's with a High Definition television.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    Most Dish services provide a free tuner and a DVR. It's also pretty cool to watch DVD's with a High Definition television.
    As i said, my tuner is my cable box... and I have a DVR as well. Also, DVDs are good because it's progressive scan and anamorphic, but still not hi-def... that's where HD-DVD comes in (Whatever they decide to call the format). I'm looking forward to this, because movies in HD are SO much better than DVD.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

3. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox
    that's where HD-DVD comes in (Whatever they decide to call the format).
    Actually Blue-Ray VS HDdvd is going to be more like the studio battles or Divx VS DVD (if you remember that). Some studios are betting on and backing HDdvd and others Blue Ray. The PS3 being Blue Ray compatable is actually a very interesting thing as it could potentially lead to it being the equivelent of the UMD for movies (as far as movies are concerned, not game related).

I could be telling you info you know, but just in case.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Shapermc
    Actually Blue-Ray VS HDdvd is going to be more like the studio battles or Divx VS DVD (if you remember that). Some studios are betting on and backing HDdvd and others Blue Ray. The PS3 being Blue Ray compatable is actually a very interesting thing as it could potentially lead to it being the equivelent of the UMD for movies (as far as movies are concerned, not game related).

I could be telling you info you know, but just in case.
    I thought they were working on making one simplified format... I know they haven't come to any agreement, but I figured at some point they would. Because otherwise it'll be worse than DivX vs. DVD, it'll be VHS vs. Betamax. All I know is that I will want a standalone player, and it will have to play both formats for me to want it, because I'm not buying two players because I want one DVD from WB and another from Sony.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com