Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More of my comics for the meat grinder.

1. Once I went Micron, I never went back to anything else. these things are godpens.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. God doesn't need pens. He just thinks and the words appear on the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    WHAT

THE

FUCK.

Crack kills, son.
    Oh get a grip, already. Like that was any weirder or random than anything on adult swim or say, a Jhonen Vasquez toon. If you want a real "crack" toon that makes no sense, watch the Busta Rhymes episode of Space Ghost.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 08 Jun 2005 at 09:32 PM.

4. That's Old Kentucky Shark..and he's been there.
    Time for a change

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Oh get a grip, already. Like that was any weirder or random than anything on adult swim or say, a Jhonen Vasquez toon. If you want a real "crack" toon that makes no sense, watch the Busta Rhymes episode of Space Ghost.
    It's not that it was random or wierd, it's that it was trying so hard to be those that it showed. It was bad because it came off like there was supposed to be a flow and you tried forcing humor into the situation by adding odd things. The whole first half is a joke based on things going wrong complete with a punchline, so instead of random it's just a terrible joke. Done in animation with quick cuts it might work, but as a strip it doesn't.

SGC2C is good random because it makes no sense. It's obvious the show has no goal, runs in circles, and the interviews come off as though the one being questioned was asked a bunch of stuff and then a totally different set of questions was added to the mix later on.

But then, you've now removed the comic.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    God doesn't need pens. He just thinks and the words appear on the page.
    Oh and God can't erase pen. Nobody can, it's just how they work.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    whatevah
    Weak.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Please. No amount of comparitive perspective could make your comic not be horrible.

9. For what it's worth - if you put your work out on display you are gonna have to deal with the criticisms, regardless of if they are good or bad, tis the nature of the beast.

I can't really coment on your stuff as you took it down, but I remember the drawing of the BurgerKing looking suitably disturbing, just like the badass commercials.

10. I didnt read it, but its better than Joystick Adventures.