Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: More of my comics for the meat grinder.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    Weak.
    Lame.
    Time for a change

2. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    I didnt read it, but its better than Joystick Adventures.
    Totally.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    I didnt read it, but its better than Joystick Adventures.
    No, mine were atleast coloured.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Please. No amount of comparitive perspective could make your comic not be horrible.
    Dang, at least two people in this thread are flippin' rude. I accept if you don't like it, obviously the humor isn't to everyone's taste but no need to beat me down. How'd you like it if I pissed all over a comic you drew in the same derogatory quick-zing posts? At least Mech is giving me some detailed pointers.

Anyways, I'm posting it back, warts 'n all.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    It's not that it was random or wierd, it's that it was trying so hard to be those that it showed. It was bad because it came off like there was supposed to be a flow and you tried forcing humor into the situation by adding odd things. The whole first half is a joke based on things going wrong complete with a punchline, so instead of random it's just a terrible joke. Done in animation with quick cuts it might work, but as a strip it doesn't.

SGC2C is good random because it makes no sense. It's obvious the show has no goal, runs in circles, and the interviews come off as though the one being questioned was asked a bunch of stuff and then a totally different set of questions was added to the mix later on.

But then, you've now removed the comic.
    It's back. Lost my temper a bit.

Anyways, I was only referring to the Busta Rhymes/grocery store "trip" episiode as a centered example, all other episodes of the show I find wonderfully structured.

The whole first half is a joke based on things going wrong complete with a punchline
    Ok, I'm a bit confused, which part do you feel was where the punchline came in too early or are you referring to the John Cleese line (which is supposed to be a quick reference to the "dead parrot" sketch)?

Also, One thing I can tell now as far as character reaction, when the hippie is looking back and forth at the squirrel, it might have helped if his mouth were shut and not wide open all the time. I can see how that would make it go from "annoyed customer" to "shocked pedestrian" way too fast and look like his fear is forced.

And yeah, I often imagine what the strips would look like animated before I start drawing them.

It's interesting you feel it comes off as as an adult swim toon because I'm trying to go the opposite direction by NOT writing dirty humor or cursing in my 'toons which isn't easy as the Chaps brothers have said.

Some extra ones:

A Star Wars spoof I drew last month:

Last edited by 1CCOSA; 10 Jun 2005 at 02:56 AM.