Thread: Spirit that Can Not Be Broken

1. Spirit that Can Not Be Broken

Today was a big movie day for me since I usually see about one movie a month, and in one day I saw two. On one hand there's Spider-Man, an action filled with romance to appease the crowds, the visuals are great, and it had an interesting plot, but I will always prefer the comic.

Then there's Spirit, a animated film that combines 'old school' 2d drawing with new 3d computer graphics to create a stunning visual mix. From the open western plans with high skys, to the fast, exciting, chases the visuals never fail to amaze. The look in this movie shame new films like Ice Age and Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius. Though the artwork isn't the only thing fantastic about this movie, it also boasts a beautiful musical score that adds to the free feeling of the film. Even though the plot was a bit lacking Spirit manages to tell a story with few words. A task that very few films lately have been to accomplish, if it weren't for the myriad of giggling preteen children I'd swear I was in Utah. Spirit is an excellent film and should not only be seen by the kids in your family, but anyone who is looking for a great movie which will be sure to leave you breathless at the end.

2. I seen a the preview of this on the Shrek dvd, and it looked amazing. It starts with an eagle flying, then the camera swooping down into a deep chasm, and goes over the river and you see fish jumping getting catched by bears. The camera continues onto a plain and a pack of horses runs by and it follows the main horse. Beautiful. I'll probably see this on dvd, like I did the Prince of Egypt, one of Dreamworks other animated movie. Say what you will about American animated features, anime feature films just don't stack up when it comes to budget. Of course, in the end, all that matters is a movies soul (for lack of better words), budget notwithstanding. Still, watch the beginning of Prince of Egypt, the shot of the clouds parting is something you can't get with a Miyazaki film, simply because the CG budget isn't all there for anime films. Sure, most Disney movies today (outside of Pixar) are vomit enducing, but Dreamworks hasn't let me down yet. I'm sure this is a watchable movie, especially with the horse only having a voice-over sometimes.
    pwned by Ivan

3. you saw the horse movie? wtf is wrong with you.

on a totally different note, i watched harry potter on dvd today*. the extra disc is completely retarded. you have to do all sorts of pointless tasks so you can get to about 5 minutes worth of deleted scenes. glad i didnt buy it.

*the dvd doesnt come out until tuesday. har har.

4. Originally posted by Rhydant
    you have to do all sorts of pointless tasks so you can get to about 5 minutes worth of deleted scenes. glad i didnt buy it.
    just like that friggin memento dvd
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

5. Originally posted by Rhydant
    you saw the horse movie? wtf is wrong with you.
    It was a good movie. Don't sterotype based on company.