Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got Devil May Cry......yes, there is a God.....

zidane747 Guest

Just got Devil May Cry......yes, there is a God.....

Oh my lord! This game kicks the most ass I've ever seen! Dante is such a bad-ass, I swear! Despair, you were right about this game. Everything is perfect, and the action is bar-none. It might even dethrone MGS2 as my favorite game of all time. It seems so! I'm just stuck on that damn spider/scorpion, Phantom, the second encounter when I'm running through the chapel. Any tips on how to beat him?

Devil May Cry is the best game on the PS2, and whatever is second isn't close. The best game ever though? No way. Of course, if MGS2 is its competition...

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    do i smell a new avitar and capcom lover coming shortly?

4. Originally posted by TheSCHLONG!
    do i smell a new avitar and capcom lover coming shortly?
    And about a zillion DMC threads....

5. Well, I told ya Zidane

I assume you are on the hallway run away sequence, so here are few tips:

For the easiest way just keep running forward jumping to avoid his attacks, and then duck into the door on the left side, thus avoiding him, since he will be gone when you comeback.

Also, if you have AirRaid, just go into DT mode and fry the fucker, but it works if you have enought DT gauges.

Usually its a best to just run away, at least in the first run through the game.

Have to go now, but will comeback with more tips.

6. The absolute easiest way to kill Phantom in the hallway is Vortex. He'll drop in less than ten seconds (less if you have Vortex 2), and you shouldn't even get hit once. Or, as Despair mentioned, you can just duck into a door and he'll go away. But then you'd miss out on a bunch of orbs. Even if you don't have Vortex or Air Raid, he isn't too difficult when you realize you can knock his fireballs back at him with your sword.

zidane747 Guest
    First off, I've always loved Capcom, and I've wanted to play this game for a long while(I even wanted to sell some of my GameFan mags just for the demo). No where in my post did I say that it was the greatest game. I said that it might take MGS2's place as my <b><i> Favorite</b></i> game. The Resident Evil and Dino Crisis series are some of my favorites of all time, and Devil May Cry is going to be another of my favorites. And no Kidnemo, no DMC threads unless I need help or to discuss the sequel(okay,okay, I'm gonna make an official DMC thread shortly.....I couldn't resist ^_^), but only one.

Despair: Since it's my first time through, I just ran through the door. I'm up to mission 11 Fate(if it is 11 or 12)so far. That Demon Scissors on the pirate ship is tough. I used a Holy Water, but it only phased him. How many Holy Waters would it take to kill it?

8. How many Holy Waters would it take to kill it?
    Simon Says: Just use the whip.

9. A cruel god with a poor sense of game design, anyway.

zidane747 Guest
    Um, MechDeus, that doesn't help at all. Unless there's a slim chance that Dante runs into Belmont later in the game.