Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animated GIFs of SEGA loading screens and a neat site (whipassgaming.com)

1. Its kind of neat that back then developers could play around with the opening load screen. Now we just get a black screen with "Produced by such and such." Though most of us frantically press the start or another button of choice to skip though the opening sequence, it was a nice touch.

2. Someone on my forums just posted about this. I love those logos, and there are a bunch he's missing. If I knew how to make a video with Gens, I'd do them myself.

3. I'm pretty sure he is just ripping them frame by frame from emulators. MrWhiteFolks had a tutorial about it a while back. It is the same as any other sprite rip I believe.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    http://www.whipassgaming.com/genesis..._vectorman.htm
    I still love this one. There's even shit hidden in it!
    The hidden minigame in that screen is actually 100x more fun than the main game.

5. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Well this was worth a thread.
    well, that was worth a post.

6. I'll take a million of these threads over one GameFAQs mockery thread. Some of these GIFs, like the Comix Zone one, are funny, and most of them are great trips down memory lane. Anything that provides the nostalgiac kick of older games without having to play them and nix that feeling is aces.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Its kind of neat that back then developers could play around with the opening load screen. Now we just get a black screen with "Produced by such and such."
    Namco actually has a patent on playing minigames during loading screens, believe it or not. It's not as much of a problem as it was during the PSX/Saturn era, but it'd still be neat to see that sort of thing.

8. Adventures of Willy Beamish on Sega CD owns Namco's loading times.

9. You know, back in the day I didn't really think that much of the Sega loading screens. I'd totally forgotten about them, in fact. It's a shame nobody does anything with them any more, they add a nice touch of life to the start of the game.

James