Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anime Next 2005

1. Anime Next 2005

http://www.animenext.org/
    So, I think me, TrialSword, and Galaxia are the only ones going, eh?

2. I've been going to AN since its inception, and it's a really nice up and coming con. I would recommend anyone with a free day this weekend to come and check it out.

3. Word. Here's the tentative schedule:
    http://www.animenext.org/docs/2005-tentative.pdf
    Say you like it/Say you need it/When you don't
    Looking better/Shining brighter/Than you do

4. I've also been every year since inception. Alas, I might not make it this year (generally being busy and not having a place to stay). It's going to feel weird. Even though it isn't massive, it does have that small up-and-coming charm, as TrialSword mentioned. I think I might've had more fun at the past two ANs than the last BAAF, actually. There were far less self-important nazi con guards (“staff”). Too bad that went under though, eh? That year with the Bebop movie premiere was awesome.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Zenigata
    That year with the Bebop movie premiere was awesome.
    Yes, that was definitely my favorite BAAF. I got to meet Yoko Kanno

6. Omgme too! I was able to get a pic of me with the Bebop staff.

7. I actually know some one who is working behind the scenes to this. She helped get some of the guests, and will also act as a translator. She asked me to go, but eh, I don't know.

8. KING OF FRUITS!!!!!!

ANext 05 ROCKED.

9. Anime Next was a big success for me this time around. The game room was jam packed, and best yet, I was able to play the shit out of games like ESP Galuda, Radiant Silvergun, and Naruto games on the PS2 and GCN. They had 2 DDR machines on free play (I didn't touch them, the room was full of nerd stink in 20 minutes.)

The panels were cool despite the fact that rooms were seperated artificially by curtains and crap, the dealer's room was much bigger than last year's, the video rooms at the Holiday Inn were really nice, and Peelander-Z was hilarious. The only bad thing about it was the retarded tech people during the masquerade. The mics cut out all the time, and there would be 3-5 skits in a row where you simply couldn't hear ANY voices.

All in all, the con was a success, and I'm still complelled to go them in the future.