Page 1 of 26 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Alien vs Predator for Atari Jaguar Thread!

1. The Official Alien vs Predator for Atari Jaguar Thread!

I've had this game in the back of my mind for like a decade now and I'm finally going to own it! Is it as awesome as it was hyped to be back in the day? I'm expecting a really well done Doom style game with awesome Alien and Predator elements to it.

2. I always really wanted to play this game when it came out.

I'm pretty sure it's a complete POS by today's standards, though.

And wouldn't it be a better idea to play AvP2 on PC, if that's the kind of thing you're after?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy
    Is it as awesome as it was hyped to be back in the day?
    No. Not even close.
    I'm expecting a really well done Doom style game with awesome Alien and Predator elements to it.
    It definitely has some cool ideas, especially for its time, but it's nowhere near as good as Doom.

Unfortunately, the controls are very awkward and the gameplay is sluggish.

4. I remember thinking about buying a Jaguar for it back then, two months ago I watched a speedrun on it, looked really fucking bad.

5. The game really isnt worth playing in the year 2005.

6. I thought the game was pretty cool back then. I believe the dead bodies of the aliens do damage to you if you touch them, and you often have to touch them to move forward and you can't jump, and that ruined the game for me. Great game otherwise.
    No gnus is good gnus.

7. I tried playing this a year ago and simply couldn't. The 10 fps movement was just too much.

Play the PC games, they're faster, better looking, and more fun.

8. The same people made the PC games as the Jag game, right?
    No gnus is good gnus.

Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll
    The same people made the PC games as the Jag game, right?
    Only the first PC one. Number 2 was made by Monolith.

Jag AvP has aged horribly as has been noted. Even back in the day when it was pretty good, it still didn't compare to Doom or even Heretic.

10. Dreamcast

It's garbage today but back then...?

The beep...beep...beep... of the motion detector really made you feel like you were playing the movies. The game was claustrophobic and scarier than Doom.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion