Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tokyo's plans to create a Sky City

1. Looking at that picture of it next to the Eiffel Tower, I can't help but think the Japanese have a skyline/tall building fetish. I mean, look at Neo-Tokyo in Akira.

It'd be really cool to live in one, except for the aforementioned earthquakes, and the annoying trip up 45 floors if I wanted to buy a game or CD. I enjoy my cities on solid ground just fine.

2. This is super cool. The heat profile is really neat, and the smaller footprint means less encroachment and urban sprawl. I think this kicks ass, but I'm sure there is a big problem we are all missing that will only show itself when the thing is built.

Nobody thought building the low-income projects would result in slums of criminals and drugs, but that is what happened. Maybe something similar will happen here? Who knows. Only time will tell, and those thoughts shouldn't stop us from trying stuff like this.

3. Just keep them down on the bottom of the facility, and make them garner approval prior to going past floor 10 or so.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Verde
    Looking at that picture of it next to the Eiffel Tower, I can't help but think the Japanese have a skyline/tall building fetish. I mean, look at Neo-Tokyo in Akira.
    Over-Compansation?

Did you guys check out the way they are going to use special concrete with a more unified structure that will last for hundreds of years? Pretty sweet.

5. Hate to live there the year after that warranty expires.

6. Wow. One day I'm going to wake up and we're all going to be living in that Battle-Angel anime.

Cool.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

7. I want to see it blow up when they build it.

Instant genocide.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

Giltch Guest
    I think it's pathetic that we have to resort to stuff like this because of the overcrowded population. I say we just kill a bunch of random people in every country.

Seriously, though, that looks dangerously precarious. A stadium in the middle of it? Yeah, it's fun to think up stuff like that, but there's no way that can acutally be built without it collapsing.

9. I'd like to see one of these one the scale of what it would look like being build underground, then people could survive armageddon.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

10. Quote Originally Posted by Swift
    I think it's pathetic that we have to resort to stuff like this because of the overcrowded population. I say we just kill a bunch of random people in every country.
    You go first, we'll all follow. Promise.

Seriously, though, that looks dangerously precarious. A stadium in the middle of it? Yeah, it's fun to think up stuff like that, but there's no way that can acutally be built without it collapsing.
    Tell people in 1850 that some day people will be traveling from New York to California in 6 hours, or that people will live and work in 100-story towers, and they wouldve told you that was impossible. In fact, you probably wouldve been hanged in most parts of the US.