Thread: A very cool new History of Video Games book at Barnes+Noble..

A very cool new History of Video Games book at Barnes+Noble..

The book I believe is called High Score and is a history of Video games including consoles up to the PS2.

It has many nice screenshots/captures of NES SNES SMS TurboGrafx games handhelds and profiles of important companies big and small.

Very attractive glossy pages retails for $24.99 I plan to pick it up soon it looks to be a great read for video game buffs.

Korian

That's one of the few gaming history books I haven't read.

sleeveboy said it had some errors in it.

I need to pick that up. Everything else in my TV room is game related. Why shouldn't the coffee table book be too?

4. Yeah, I posted about this book a few weeks ago.

It's an decent visual history of the video game industry -- particularly of the home PC industry, which usually gets neglected in other books -- but the many factual inaccuracies make it useful mostly as a good coffee table book. For that purpose alone I'd recommend it, although Supercade has a much better selection of arcade screenshots.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. Ultimate History of Video Games is my fav game book, but I like Game Over a lot also.

Anyone read the new X-Box book yet?

I hope the Xbox book is a little more exciting than the PS book "Revolutionaries at Sony". The Sony one is still worth reading but I didn't enjoy it as much as most gaming books.

7. Yes. I saw this book while shopping for mother's day. I would've picked it up too...but like I said, I was mother's day shopping. So, I'll have to go back and get it sometime.
    Throw fireballs at him...
    Laugh at his moustache...
    http://images.nintendo.com/nintendo/...o_gcn_game.jpg
    But do not mess with his vacation.