Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Businesses that no longer take checks...

1. PROTIP!!!

Even with a debit card ALWAYS say credit. When you punch your pin, the retailer and the financial institution can charge you. If you swipe and it goes to the pin entry screen say "I want to use it as a credit card" and they will tell you what to do.

When you use credit, the retailer always has to pay out of their pocket for the transaction, pin-based transactions are the other way around.

Even with a debit card, always say "credit".

PS: I worked at EB like 5 years ago and they didn't accept checks then. Checks suck.

Whenever my wife and are in line behind some bitch (no male writes checks) who is writing a check, Mrs. Yoshi makes some rude comment that is just loud enough for the stuck-in-the-1980s dumbass to hear but that sounds like it wasn't meant to be. The other day she said, "my watch must be broken. It says that it's 2005, but someone up there is still writing a check."

3. I like Mrs. Yoshi.

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    I like Mrs. Yoshi.
    Yeah. When we fight, neighbors run to fucking bomb shelters.

5. Hehe. Mrs. Yoshi is pretty forward-thinking for a lady.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Debit cards, more often than not, offer little to no recompensation for purchases made if your card is stolen.
    It depends on which bank you get it from.
    Say you like it/Say you need it/When you don't
    Looking better/Shining brighter/Than you do

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Yeah. When we fight, neighbors run to fucking bomb shelters.
    I think you mean "drive their RVs out of the park"

8. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    PROTIP!!!

Even with a debit card ALWAYS say credit. When you punch your pin, the retailer and the financial institution can charge you. If you swipe and it goes to the pin entry screen say "I want to use it as a credit card" and they will tell you what to do.

When you use credit, the retailer always has to pay out of their pocket for the transaction, pin-based transactions are the other way around.

Even with a debit card, always say "credit".

PS: I worked at EB like 5 years ago and they didn't accept checks then. Checks suck.

I always use it as debit and I've never been charged anything extra. The only time I get fees is when I have to hit up one of those fucking ATMs that charge you.

All that being said, I've used a check once in my life and that was to pay the great state of Pennsylvania (with their even greater govenor Ed Rendell) the $6.75 I owed on my state taxes in April.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

9. Either get a Debit card or use Crack-cocaine as currency.Either one is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

Quote Originally Posted by cka
    I think you mean "drive their RVs out of the park"
    Trailer trash > Canuck