Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coded Arms: official I guess

1. Coded Arms: official I guess

I think this one is shaping up nicely regardless of the fact the controls may take awhile to get used to. I want me some randomly generated bug blastin' in the office, darn it. IGN still says June 28 but EB listing now says July 19.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255628.asp

Last edited by 1CCOSA; 12 Nov 2005 at 11:04 PM.

Giltch Guest
    I hate to say it, but I think Coded Arms is getting a little too much hype. I'm as guilty as anyone to being excited about the game, but after looking at every screenshots they've released and watching the trailers, it looks like it could be pretty bland. We'll just have to wait and see.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Swift
    I hate to say it, but I think Coded Arms is getting a little too much hype. I'm as guilty as anyone to being excited about the game, but after looking at every screenshots they've released and watching the trailers, it looks like it could be pretty bland. We'll just have to wait and see.
    I'm not expecting it to be any kind of Halo, HL or Metroid killer mind you. But it does look fun. If it's delayed I will get Twisted Metal to tide me over.

I <3 DS

Giltch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    I'm not expecting it to be any kind of Halo, HL or Metroid killer mind you. But it does look fun. If it's delayed I will get Twisted Metal to tide me over.
    I like TMHO, but the last thing it will do is "tide you over". The game's worst feature is its replay value. Once you've beaten the game once, you'll probably never feel the need to play it again unless it's online or with a buddy. I haven't played the single-player version of the game in months.

6. Looks cool but arent all the single player levels randomly generated? Extremely gay if so.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

7. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle
    Looks cool but arent all the single player levels randomly generated? Extremely gay if so.
    I hope that's not true. This is one of the games I was thinking of picking up a PSP for (you know, before I am required to by law when GTA hits) but if the levels are randomly generated that means there will be no clever design and almost all of my interest will be lost.

8. Diablo 2's levels were all randomly generated and they were pretty good.

I also played Diablo 1 through like 5 times.

9. Watching gameplay video, the game runs at a pretty low framerate and has Duke Nukem 64 level graphics. I'm not impressed by it at all. It could use a delay.
    -Kyo

Giltch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    I hope that's not true.
    Well, it is true. This was pretty much announced from the very beginning. I'm not used to randomly-generated levels in games, so I'm not sure how to feel about it. Could be cool, might be lame - who knows? My main concern with the game is controlling. Surely this was one of Komani's big priorities - making sure the controlling was comfortable.