Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Homebrew/Emulation

1. - Varies, but they're young. NES/GBC are perfect so far.
    - No.
    - I want to smack them via cat-5

2. Yeah, NES is sex, SNES should be good within a few releases, and the Genesis emu I used lacked sound.

3. How's the Xmame emu? They say it only supports only a few games right now..

4. Considering how SNES runs, I'm waiting for mame.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Considering how SNES runs, I'm waiting for mame.
    are you using the official SNES9x for PSP? It allows for upping the systems clockspeed, and the usual lovely snes9x features like frame skipping, instant saves, and fit to full screen =D

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    Things that suck:

- The videos of this, supposedly real, lead many to believe it wasn't a swap trick.
    - I don't have two memory sticks.

Still, I absolutely cannot wait to try all of this.
    There is a way to use one memory stick..

You'll still need to swap (but not in the way you think) and you'll need a Memory Stick Duo reader that is not the PSP, but a Japanese user has found a way to get 1.5 homebrew running without actually needing two Memory Stick Duos.

A complete translation of his method inside.

-How to start with one Memory Stick

***Warning Points***
    -Must wait several seconds taking into account the Memory Stick writer's delayed writing
    -You must create a batch file
    -About 10 seconds is OK, but keep an eye on pulling out the stick too quickly or too slowly depending on delayed writing

Preparations
    1. Create a BAT file. I made mine "Autorun.bat". Use a text editor and insert the below, and save it.
    From here*********************
    ren Ipsp\game\psp-dev\eboot.pbp eboot.pbp3
    ren Ipsp\game\psp-dev\eboot.pbp2 eboot.pbp
    To here***********************
    Where "I" is your machine's Memory Stick writer drive letter. Please change it depending on your needs.

2. Copy EBOOT.PBP to MS1's PSP\GAME\PSP-DEV\ folder.

3. Rename the EBOOT.PBP file inside MS2 to EBOOT.PBP2, and copy it to the above location.

4. Copy all necessary files of the software you want to run beforehand.

5. Open your PC's command prompt.

6. Use the CD command to get to the directory of the BAT file you created >> example: CD cpsp15\

7. In the command prompt, type in "autorun.bat" (but do not push ENTER yet)

You're ready to go.

Usage
    1. Insert the Memory Stick into your version 1.5 PSP.

2. Start the loader.

3. The instant it starts, immediately remove the Memory Stick and insert it in your PC's Memory Stick writer.

4. Press the ENTER key on your PC, and the BAT will rename the files.

5. Wait about 2 to 3 seconds. The rename process has completed, but since there is delayed writing, hold on for a bit...

6. When you think, "it's done," remove the Memory Stick and insert it in the PSP.

7. The software will start if you've done it correctly.

Supplement to single Memory Stick startup

You will need to re-rename the files to get them to start again, and I made a re-rename BAT file so I will share its contents.

Paste this into a text editor, name it "autoback.bat", and it should be alright if you put it in the same folder as you put your autorun.bat.
    If you want to start software using the single Memory Stick, insert the stick in your PC and run the "autoback.bat" file from the command prompt. This will re-rename the files, and the stick will be returned to its "loader" state.

From here****************
    ren Ipsp\game\psp-dev\eboot.pbp eboot.pbp2
    ren Ipsp\game\psp-dev\eboot.pbp3 eboot.pbp
    To here*********************
    Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    How good are the emulators?
    Does this work with v1.52?
    Why are the people that write for the site linked in the initial post so retarded as to type "$ony"?
    No, this will ONLY work with v1.5. It will NOT work with 1.51 or 1.52

7. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian
    are you using the official SNES9x for PSP? It allows for upping the systems clockspeed, and the usual lovely snes9x features like frame skipping, instant saves, and fit to full screen =D
    Yeah, I'm using the official release version, and games like MMX, FFVI and Chrono Trigger run at 25 FPS max on normal or fitted screen size. No doubt it's good progress, but the games currently run at 60% speed.

I'm content with my NES/GBC as for right now, but I can't wait for stuff like Neo Geo to surface.

8. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian
    I was using UO, which has frameskip and all the other options, Earthbound's title screen screeched to a snails pace.

9. All the emulators can be found here = http://files.psphacker.com/Download_...%21%21%21.html

The homepage is http://files.psphacker.com

10. I need sexy images for my files.