Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Homebrew/Emulation

1. HOLY CRAP!~ I am so doing this. I am glad I didn't install the bios update after 1.5 or I'd be screwed. Mmm tasty emulation. This is perfect! *kisses Japanese PSP*

2. Jesus. You should've left it at 1.0, and you wouldn't even need to swap any memory sticks.
    There is a way to use one memory stick..
    ...Assuming you have another device that reads memory sticks. Doesn't really help me, sadly.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by guy@psphacker
    I have ran into a few difficulties. I was researching some things and found out that the dump of the 1.0 firmware is missing some hidden files. If you tried to flash with what I have now it would make you a nice 250 dollar brick. Good news is that people on ps2dev are trying to aquire theese files.

And to clear everything up:

Once this is done, you will need to swap only once. When you swap that once it will run a program that flashes the firmware back to 1.0, therefore allowing you to use homebrew without swapping all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by gu@psphacker
    Meanwhile, I have been trying to figure out a way to use the exploit with only 1 memory card. I noticed if you make a directory name more than 31 characters long, the PSP does not recognize it. I had the idea of using directories like /psp/game/ms111111111111~1/ if you get what I am saying.
    Good ideas all around. I hope they get that 1.0 flasher working.
    Last edited by Tain; 16 Jun 2005 at 10:16 AM.

Okay, time to start saving my pennies for a PSP, by the time I have the cash I'd expect that the SNES emu would be near perfect. Whee!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

4. This is awesome. I was hoping that someone was going to test this out. The normal forums for this stuff are all down because of the downloads of this program. Anyways, that 1.00 flasher looks pretty fantastic. I don't think that Sony has given me a reason to update past it. 70% of my purchase was because of how easy emulation would be on it. This swap trick is a little irritating, but shit! NES Roms will be the highlight right now.

I just hope there are not memory leak problems with this swap trick. I am going to back up my data from my memory cards just in case.

EDIT: Can someone explain the harmful effects that constant swaping over time can cause? Like ... details.
    Last edited by Shapermc; 16 Jun 2005 at 12:26 PM.

5. At most, maybe corruption. That being said, if you can get the emu's on your psp, you obviously know how to backup your data. Also, you don't have to swap super fast, so you can be gentle if you want.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    At most, maybe corruption. That being said, if you can get the emu's on your psp, you obviously know how to backup your data. Also, you don't have to swap super fast, so you can be gentle if you want.
    Ahh, so if that were to happen I could reformat my stick and try again right? Hell, ok. In the other thread (the general PSP apps and documents one) TrialSword was sounding like using this trick can kill your card overtime. I mean, I was going to back up all my data anyways.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shapermc
    Ahh, so if that were to happen I could reformat my stick and try again right? Hell, ok. In the other thread (the general PSP apps and documents one) TrialSword was sounding like using this trick can kill your card overtime. I mean, I was going to back up all my data anyways.
    There have been reports of total MS kill, and even a PSP port that no longer reads MS. They are isolated cases, though, and all signs point to incorrect use when it comes to fried cards or PSP's.

People are saying that you'll wear out the spring load or the connecting pins if you do it too often, but nobody knows for sure yet.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Shapermc
    nyways, that 1.00 flasher looks pretty fantastic. I don't think that Sony has given me a reason to update past it.
    Newer games are going to include bios updates, and the games will be unplayable without said update.

9. so, should we agree to boycott all the future games that will only work with a newer (than 1.5) firmware?

Because this is exactly what will happen. Sony hates the homebrew scene.

*edit
    damn you, ep.. you beat me to it.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    Newer games are going to include bios updates, and the games will be unplayable without said update.
    Good thing that emulation is far more appealing then anything that Sony is offering up right now.