Thread: Bruce Wayne:Begins?

1. Ninja Bruce Wayne:Begins?

Alright, I'm psyched to see the new Batman Begins movie detailing some of Bruce Wayne's life leading up to the bat-suit,but would a TV show have done that same subject justice? Supposedely, a Bruce Wayne show was in the works, and from what I just read it sounded like it could have been awesome.It was planned to show the life of a just turned 18,Bruce Wayne coming back to the city he's hated due to painful memories.There he re-unites with old friends Harvey Dent,has run in's with the police and Commisioner Gordon,and even turns to career's in the police force and FBI to try to find alternate means to fight crime (which obviously dont work out). It was penned by Tim McCannlies who worked on Iron Giant and SecondHand Lions - (neither of which I've seen)
    Check it out, and click on the links toward the bottom of the page for a full description of the first episode/pilot script.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/brucewayne/outline.htm

I wonder if a show like this would ever take off now? I mean if Batman Begins turns into the Mega-Hit that it sounds like it should be , than why not? Unless alternately, Batman Begins being the hit that it is, people might maybe be confused by a new style of origin story.

2. Neo-Geo

I heard about this, I much would've liked to have seen this show than fucking Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    It was penned by Tim McCannlies who worked on Iron Giant and SecondHand Lions - (neither of which I've seen)[/url]
    You really should see The Iron Giant, I'd dare say it's the best animated feature film of all time.

3. Yeah, a weekly batman show would have been better smallville, but this movie is awesome

4. Quote Originally Posted by Regus
    I heard about this, I much would've liked to have seen this show than fucking Smallville.
    Yeah, I like Smallville (sometimes), but a show with a young Bruce Wayne would have had so much more appeal,and been a hell of a lot cooler so I do agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Regus
    You really should see The Iron Giant, I'd dare say it's the best animated feature film of all time.
    Really? That's a hell of a claim, but I am interested now....

5. Quote Originally Posted by Regus
    I don't think so at all. Half the charm of Smallville (and in some peoples mind the only charm) is that we get a glimpse of how Superman began. The fun in this experience is watching and learning how he first experiences his powers and then copes with them to conceal his identity while still saving the day.

Batman Begins explained the origin story so well. I don't need to know more, especially since Batman wouldn't be developed by then. If he's cracking heads and saving the day all the time then it ruins the continuity of the comic and the new movie, doesn't it?

I don't like Smallville that much, but it has more to do with the played, drawn out writing more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    Really? That's a hell of a claim, but I am interested now....
    It's not true. Iron Giant is great, but it's hardly the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. I'll narrow it down and say it's the best animated "american" film. I won't muddle the waters with anime.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Batman Begins explained the origin story so well. I don't need to know more, especially since Batman wouldn't be developed by then. If he's cracking heads and saving the day all the time then it ruins the continuity of the comic and the new movie, doesn't it?
    I dont think so, it just has to be written well. And not have Wayne put on the bat-suit at all in the series.Kind of like the same rule going on now with Smallville - "No flights, no tights" (although I dont agree with the no flights bullshit). And the writers would have to resist the urge to do storylines with Joker,Scarecrow,etc. seeing as it would ruin first encounters between Batman and them.
    But there is story to tell there - friendships between Wayne and Harvey Dent, encounters with Jack Napier before he became Joker, Wayne getting trained in different skills to help him with his crime-fighting, Wayne trying out his hand at the police force/FBI. Hell, Batman is supposed to be one of the smartest most conniving minds in the DCU.Show us how he got there. He must have gone to school to learn how to be the scientist he is.
    Theres an assload of story than can be dealt with prior to Batman Begins.
    Last edited by Jetman; 16 Jun 2005 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Regus
    I'll narrow it down and say it's the best animated "american" film. I won't muddle the waters with anime.
    Pinocchio is better.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

9. Quote Originally Posted by Regus
    I'll second this.