Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: GEARS of WAR

1. The video didn't impress me at all. Good graphics alone don't make good games.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    The video didn't impress me at all. Good graphics alone don't make good games.
    Thats exactly what the director stated he was going away from. I wish I had a better scanner so you could read that article. This game is going to be all about the gameplay.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

3. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    Thats exactly what the director stated he was going away from. I wish I had a better scanner so you could read that article. This game is going to be all about the gameplay.
    Why do I not believe this news?

(Why do I even care? The game looks as generic as anything, and even disregarding that I (or anyone else sane) will not have a build to pass judgement on for months, if not years.)

-Dippy

4. Well I'll enjoy myself them. I can be a very picky gamer sometimes myself. Either the top 4/5 ratings and personal interest are the only games I buy. This one as of now is personal interest.

5. I understand that you're excited about this game (we all have games we get hopeful over. Mine this gen was Psychonauts, which turned out to be a good pick), but a lot of developers say that gameplay is more valuable to them than it actually is. Right now the game is being pumped as an example of great visuals and nothing they've shown us, sans a few articles that seem more like damage control than anything, says otherwise.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 17 Jun 2005 at 07:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Let's get the next generation off on the right foot. This will be better on PC.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Let's get the next generation off on the right foot. This will be better on PC.

If the game was a FPS then yes I would completly agree. But it's "2nd" person and a mouse + Keyboard might not be optimal for a game like this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    I think it looks pretty. I also think I'm going to not give a shit until it nears release.
    Add "as well as anything next gen" and you got me.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    If the game was a FPS then yes I would completly agree. But it's "2nd" person and a mouse + Keyboard might not be optimal for a game like this.
    It's 3rd person. What the hell is a second person camera? View from the enemy's perspective?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    I suppose that's ignoring how almost all the gun-focused 3rd-person action games this generation have moved to FPS controls, right? Hell, even shooting in the GTA games is like 1000% better with a mouse.