Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: GEARS of WAR

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    It's 3rd person. What the hell is a second person camera? View from the enemy's perspective?
    Seriously, WTF is a second person perspective. I bet it's Cliffy B's new buzz word, "first ever 2nd person action shooter coming to a next gen console near you"

I personally love the visual style of the game, but from the videos I have seen, this game looks like trash. I'm glad there is maybe another full year of development time behind this game, because it's going to need all the time it can get to iron out those obvious problems in the gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

2. Dreamcast

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Let's get the next generation off on the right foot. This will be better on Revolution.
    We know what you meant.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    If the game was a FPS then yes I would completly agree. But it's "2nd" person and a mouse + Keyboard might not be optimal for a game like this.
    WTF is "2nd" person? Are you staring at the main character from in front of him the whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    I suppose that's ignoring how almost all the gun-focused 3rd-person action games this generation have moved to FPS controls, right? Hell, even shooting in the GTA games is like 1000% better with a mouse.
    Exactly. If RE4 ever gets ported to the PC, I'll be in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach
    We know what you meant.
    Yep. You got me. The 60 PC games I own run and hide when the two GameCube games I own come a runnin'.

4. I'm interested in this.

And I'm a little amazed at how everyone has turned around on this. When the 360 stuff was first shown everyone here was all 'omg, did you see Gears of War?!' now that seems to have changed.

I have faith in Epic.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

5. I look forward to it and hopefully co-op will be neat. I just hope that there's some weapon with more punch to it, no one wants shitty laser/tracer crap.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    WTF is "2nd" person? Are you staring at the main character from in front of him the whole time?

Exactly. If RE4 ever gets ported to the PC, I'll be in heaven.

Yep. You got me. The 60 PC games I own run and hide when the two GameCube games I own come a runnin'.
    The "fucking" 2nd person view is pretty much a close up shoulder view. At least this is what was explained in the magazine article. You might be able to spot it from the few pics I posted.

The game looked pretty good from what I saw in the trailer. I'm really not sure why all the negativity is shown all of a sudden. Oh well I can't blame them for being like this because developers do promise us things and often don't deliver AKA "Fable"...
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

7. Quote Originally Posted by Giga Power
    And I'm a little amazed at how everyone has turned around on this. When the 360 stuff was first shown everyone here was all 'omg, did you see Gears of War?!' now that seems to have changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    The game looked pretty good from what I saw in the trailer. I'm really not sure why all the negativity is shown all of a sudden. Oh well I can't blame them for being like this because developers do promise us things and often don't deliver AKA "Fable"...
    Goto the post a little furthur up the page, click the first of the 2 links posted and watch how shitty the gameplay looks. It doesn't even look like it is average in the gameplay department, the controls look super clunky, the gameplay itself looks like an over glorified shooting gallery, and overall it just doesn't look like a fun game to play. I personally hope this game turns out to be good because I love the look of it, but from this early glimpse of the game, it just doesn't look to be anything more than a below average shooter with some context sensative cover to duck behind.
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BrAnDX105
    Goto the post a little furthur up the page, click the first of the 2 links posted and watch how shitty the gameplay looks. It doesn't even look like it is average in the gameplay department, the controls look super clunky, the gameplay itself looks like an over glorified shooting gallery, and overall it just doesn't look like a fun game to play. I personally hope this game turns out to be good because I love the look of it, but from this early glimpse of the game, it just doesn't look to be anything more than a below average shooter with some context sensative cover to duck behind.

Well I'm not sure if you can read a few bits from the article but there are many gameplay elements that are going to be in the game. That tech demo was nothing more than E3 crap seriously. Expect 10 times more of a detailed trailer later.

Resident Evil 4 moments and elements mixed with Kill Switch style cover and duck behind game play with Silent Hill horror. Sounds exciting to me!
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

9. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    The "fucking" 2nd person view is pretty much a close up shoulder view.
    A fucking 2nd person view is the view of an dissatisfied woman.

Sorry I couldn't pass it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    Sounds exciting to me!
    A lot of things sound exciting to me, but in this case, when the only demonstration of gameplay is a video demonstrating exactly how clunky and uninspired the gameplay is so far, my excitment drops very quickly. There really is no excuse, if the game is playing that terribly, just don't show it. Relic had no problem showing off a less than 50% complete version of The Outfit behind closed doors, which looked absolutly fantastic. Even Condemed, which is doomed to be average (I hope I'm wrong! Sega, pull through with this one!) looked a million times better and more interesting in terms of gameplay.

I don't care what they are promising, I care about what I have seen already. By gauging from what I have seen already, Epic has a fancy looking tech demo on their hands with uninspired gameplay. Don't get me wrong, I hope this game is great as much as you, but as of now, I am so unimpressed with this game I think I'm negative impressed.
    Last edited by BrAnDX105; 18 Jun 2005 at 10:42 PM.
    Eat a bag of dicks.