Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 68910

Thread: evangelion

1. Am I the only one that liked Eva because it went bat-shit loco? I thought that whole scene in End of Eva when Shinji is strangling Asuka while the whole world turns to goo was a blast. Also, according to ADV (as of Otakon), the live action Eva film is coming along nicely and they've raised enough money for half of the budget.
    http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime...es/canti04.gif
    The over imaginative Ninja's fought the rum filled pirates untill battle drew to a close.

2. I fucking love Evangelion, even now. It's still 100% watchable. The animation and art in the show always looked great. The design of the entry plug, NERV itself with its futuristic neon screens everywhere, the Evangelions on the surface and underneath, Tokyo-3, the detailed military equipment, the realistic backgrounds and the abstract world inside Shinji's head were all beautiful. People bitch about the "animation," but really, how much anime have you seen if you are saying Evangelion looks bad? The character bits are mostly still, but this isn't a kawaii desu ne jumping around and wiggling show. In almost all the angel battles the animation is fantastic and up there with the quality of big budget OVAs. Outide of the sometimes iffy charater art, the show was always highly detailed. The scene with the berserk unit 04 its one of the most striking and well done violent scenes I've seen in any anime.

Aside from the retarded versions of Fly Me To The Moon, the soundtrack is great. I love the characters, even the more annoying ones. It IS about teenagers. All the religious overtones make for interesting and beautiful art even if there's nothing really there. I feel like if the show was immersive enough to atleast fool you into thinking that there was meaning behind the things, then thats fine.

The tv ending was completely insane. The movies are amazing. I've only seen a handful of other semi-serious anime tv series that even compare. The way I feel about Evangelion is really similar to how I felt about the original Star Wars trilogy. They both had incredible worlds that I became so drawn into.

People who liked the show, what were your favorite episodes? Right off the top of my head:

First two episodes
    When Ritsuko has to stop the angel from taking over the Magi
    Splitting of the Breast - the first time the show gets a really abstract
    Toji's two parter
    Birth of Nerv

edit: and my prayers have been answered, it seems more Evangelion is being made. A remake in the form of 4 movies!
    Last edited by perkyskirt; 07 Sep 2006 at 04:14 AM.

3. While the topic is still somewhat fresh:

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2006...ions-are-sexy/

Supposedly a 4 part Eva "Remake" starting next Summer. As in a completely new series, not the Platinum stuff they did last year.

Not quite sure what to make of it. Gainax is known to commercially milk its series dry, especially Eva (countless figures, dating sims, books, etc.) Of course I'll see it, but I don't know how beneficial it would be to re-visit the Eva universe.

who's in charge?

5. Quote Originally Posted by buttcheeks View Post
    who's in charge?
    Says the lead director is in fact Anno.

6. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword View Post
    While the topic is still somewhat fresh:

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2006...ions-are-sexy/

Supposedly a 4 part Eva "Remake" starting next Summer. As in a completely new series, not the Platinum stuff they did last year.

Not quite sure what to make of it. Gainax is known to commercially milk its series dry, especially Eva (countless figures, dating sims, books, etc.) Of course I'll see it, but I don't know how beneficial it would be to re-visit the Eva universe.
    Damn, awesome news especially if they bust out some new Eva designs.

7. I just hope Anno is doing this because he wants to, and not because he's being forced or giving in to demands.
    http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime...es/canti04.gif
    The over imaginative Ninja's fought the rum filled pirates untill battle drew to a close.

8. Quote Originally Posted by REG View Post
    I just hope Anno is doing this because he wants to, and not because he's being forced or giving in to demands.
    but wouldnt his anger make it better? (if you liked the movies)

9. more info and link to the official site

"September 08, 2006
    In the October issue of Newtype (Japan) Gainax revealed a four-part series of films entitled Evangelion Shin Gekijou Ban, which will adapt (with new material) the recondite Neon Genesis Evangelion TV anime and make it more comprehensible to ordinary viewers. Hideaki Anno, the genius behind the original Evangelion anime, is writing the first movie and has been named General Supervisor for the entire project. Tsurumaki Kazuya, who directed the first two episodes of the TV series, will helm the four films and Yoshiyuki Sadamoto and Ikuto Yamashita will provide the character and mecha designs respectively just as they did for the original Evangelion project.

The first movie in the series is due out in theaters in Japan in the summer of 2007. This "remake" will feature all new animation and will eschew some of the more esoteric techniques used in the original series such as the interspersing and scattering of difficult words and text phrases in the animation. Look for more information on this somewhat risky venture (Gainax is tampering with an acknowledged classic and will have to try to avoid the potential loss of mystique from either dumbing-down the original or just creating a redundant version of a series that has already appeared in a number of versions) as it becomes available."

http://www.evangelion.co.jp/

I really need to pick up the soundtracks.

10. Sounds good to me.