Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: evangelion

I'm all about subtitles, but WHATEVAH

I thought it was very, very good up until the last couple of episodes when it goes mega-retarded. The last movie was good because I love Asuka, but bad because the ending still sucks balls, just smaller ones.

But I think people should definitely watch it, at least once.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Evangelion is still the best anime series I've seen.

Yes, it has its problems, but when it works, god *damn*. Excellent direction and art design, too.
    Last edited by epmode; 24 Jun 2005 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    It's not very good.

But for $25, you might as well get it. Most people like it, so you probably will too.
    It is good, but targeted at teenagers. A lot of episodes are just about Shinji's angst. Go watch it.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. Eva is such an odd beast. No doubt it's among my favorites, though. The show just takes the biggest 180 at around episode 15. Nobody can say that this was Anno's intention or that he was steering the show in a new direction. Regardless, yes, there's a whole lot of existentialist themery and Christian symbolism, but when it comes down it, it's the story of a boy who just wants to be loved, and in his desperation and frustration sorta, you know, ends the world.

5. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword
    Christian symbolism
    One thing to know about the show: Don't go looking for meaning in the Christian symbolism. There was an Evangelion panel at Otakon a few years back where one of the series directors (Kazuya Tsurumaki,) admitted that they worked it in primarily because it was interesting and looked/sounded cool. He also said he kinda regretted the decision and if he had to do it over again, he would have given the issue more thought.
    Last edited by epmode; 24 Jun 2005 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    I'm all about subtitles, but WHATEVAH
    Same

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    I thought it was very, very good up until the last couple of episodes when it goes mega-retarded. The last movie was good because I love Asuka, but bad because the ending still sucks balls, just smaller ones.

But I think people should definitely watch it, at least once.
    Yeah...it has a nice build of a great story and then it goes flat...Still I have to say that I enjoyed watching it. And for $25 you cant go wrong...

7. I usually watch subbed anime, but I watched Evangelion early on in my fandom dubbed. I just grew to like the english cast, it's weird.

One of the episodes near the end has some different dialogue in English that is worth a view, but I forget which and why. It was funny 6 years ago though.

It's with Asuka in the classroom, the goofy one near the end.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. http://www.torrentspy.com/download.asp?id=240189
    Seriously, guys. Redeath. Holy shit, it's funny.