Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: evangelion

1. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    I hate Eva.

Regardless... IT'S GENDO!
    "Oooh, baby."
    "What? Of course my girls are clean!"

"Bob Dole's a Cyborg!"

That's fucking AWESOME that it's up for download, everybody go dl this shit.

Now, if they'll only torrent the remastered redeath.

Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    One thing to know about the show: Don't go looking for meaning in the Christian symbolism. There was an Evangelion panel at Otakon a few years back where one of the series directors (Kazuya Tsurumaki,) admitted that they worked it in primarily because it was interesting and looked/sounded cool. He also said he kinda regretted the decision and if he had to do it over again, he would have given the issue more thought.

I was at said panel, it was very imformative.

2. I first saw most of Eva on VHS dubbed and liked it. Then I picked up the DVD set and noticed that even though they were the same voices it was all re-recorded and I didn't like it. A lot of scenes had different inflection in the sentences and it made some areas not work as well (like when Shinji was fighting the Angel that Unit 01 ended up eating, when he lost power he originally sounded like he was so frustrated he was going to cry but on the DVDs he was just kinda whiny) and they also started pronouncing everyone's name according to Japanese rules, which sounded a little odd considering those were the only things they pronounced that way. Or maybe my memory messed with me a bit.

Never seen Redeath, though. *downloads*

3. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Never seen Redeath, though. *downloads*
    WATCH IT.

"Mmmm...melons...."
    Say you like it/Say you need it/When you don't
    Looking better/Shining brighter/Than you do

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    It's moot anyway, at that price it won't be there when you go back.
    It was there.

I have been watching the show all day. I like the art direction and the characters are okay as far as english voices go. I haven't really seen the big philosphical meaning moments in the show yet(or maybe I missed them.)

Since the price was so low I was able to complete my robotech DVD collection on the same day.

It was a great day.

5. Shit doesn't hit the fan til like episode 8 or 9...

6. Quote Originally Posted by avatar
    the characters are okay as far as english voices go.
    I don't like being such a snob, but *plz* watch with subs. Shinji's screaming is one of the creepiest things I've ever heard.

7. I like Asuka's kill chant myself...

8. Spike Spencer (Shinji's english VA), doesn't get the cred that he deserves. The man is a genius.

9. I watched the first 12 or 14 episodes of this show about 7 or 8 years ago and thought it was shit. Not "the" shit. Shit.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    I watched the first 12 or 14 episodes of this show about 7 or 8 years ago and thought it was shit. Not "the" shit. Shit.
    I guess you don't like what you don't like, but "shit"? Animation, designs, and story amounted to shit, iyo? Wow.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"