Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: evangelion

1. As for the angel fights themselves, I dunno, I thought most of them were pretty creative. The only ones I thought were a little pathetic were the spider one that's only a threat because there's a blackout and the one that gets stabbed in the S2 engine by Shinji in like episode 3.

Fights like Zeruel, where the fucker gets so far as the inside dome, owns both Asuka and Rei, and then nearly blows up the command center before a berserk Shinji rips it to shreds were really, REALLY awesome.

There was also a lot of unused potential with the black sea angel, but it succumbed to more "berserk Unit-01."

2. Imagine a show building up an interesting storyline about giant robots with a secret fighting giant monsters, and then, right where the denoument belongs, the war is ignored and the show goes into Shinji's head and he thinks about his life and whatever. Then he realizes he likes himself after all, and it's over. No ending, nothing. You're just left like WTF what happened to everyone else pls??
    Yeah, pretty much. If I remember correctly,it had all the depth of the end of a Full House episode presented in an odd way. A terrible way to handle things especially if the characters' development is an important part of the story. I wasn't fond of the stuff before it either, so it just came off as a bad ending to a not so good series.

When I said it wasn't good earlier and someone else said that it was but that it's targeted towards teenagers, I think that's partly true. I know of a few people that liked it because they said they saw it when they were younger and said they identified with Shinji and his angsty whining.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    The movie they ended up making from (what I gather) fan outrage gives you an ending, but it's bittersweet. A mix of cool and wtf, but at least it finished the story. I hurrd they just wanted to piss off people who bitched by giving them what they wanted, but not HOW they wanted it.

Watch it.
    I really liked the movie. The EVA fight with Asuka kicked a whole lot of ass. It had some crazy ass visuals too, especially the last 30 mins or so.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    I hurrd they just wanted to piss off people who bitched by giving them what they wanted, but not HOW they wanted it.
    I thought the ending was pretty awesome. Humanity gets wiped out and Asuka just looks at Shinji and goes, "You're pathetic." BURN.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Imagine a show building up an interesting storyline about giant robots with a secret fighting giant monsters, and then, right where the denoument belongs, the war is ignored and the show goes into Shinji's head and he thinks about his life and whatever. Then he realizes he likes himself after all, and it's over. No ending, nothing. You're just left like WTF what happened to everyone else pls??

The movie they ended up making from (what I gather) fan outrage gives you an ending, but it's bittersweet. A mix of cool and wtf, but at least it finished the story. I hurrd they just wanted to piss off people who bitched by giving them what they wanted, but not HOW they wanted it.

Watch it.

Thats how I feel. Although I can forgive the TV ending because at that point Gainax was going out of buisness. However they made a shite load of money and were able to make a decent ending with the movie. They opted to blow up the world and make Shinji the biggest puss in anime

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    hurrd they just blah blah blah
    So this is where that hurr stuff came from
    lawle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

I can't help it if I'm from the streets.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    I can't help it if I'm from the streets.
    I know I am prone to saying "Wuuurd?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

8. Just finish the series.

It mainly needed more character development. Everyone acted like they wanted to die, and I was expecting a lot of people to just off themselves half-way through.

Overall it was okay. I would watch it again, but it hasn't replaced MS 08th Team as the best Mecha anime.
    Last edited by avatar; 04 Aug 2005 at 08:40 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by avatar
    Ove4rall it was okay.
    I stil6l think this s5eries is over452ra34te99784d.

10. Quote Originally Posted by avatar
    Overall it was okay. I would watch it again, but it hasn't replaced MS 08th Team as the best Mecha anime.

You know what this post did? Reminded me that I really liked 08th MS team.