Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kino's journey

1. Kino's journey

I thought I made a thread about this one looong ago, guess It must of been on the MXA board.

Oh well, this was a series called Tabi no kino which was changed to Kino's journey for the US release. The Feb issue of newtype has a dvd demo of the series. I'm bout to go pick it up so I can check out the demo.

If I remember right, some of the Serial experiments lain team have a hand in this one. When I first seen and heard about it, I was interested in it. The story sound quite interesting too.

Seems kino travels around on a talking motorbike and visits weird and bizarre towns and kinda views them as a visitor. Kino has a mysterious past(don't they all) and some of the towns he gets into some bits of trouble.

Anyone seen any of it yet?

2. The trailer kicks ass. I'm all over this.

3. It does, indeed. I am quite interested, but I was unaware that his bike talked...
    Knight Rider?

4. I just watched the demo, I kinda like it. I want to see more dangit.

I'm not sure how I like the dub voices tho, usually I can block em out or overlook em. But kino's and Hermes(the bike) voices really get on my nerves in dub. I checked the sub and I think I like the original voices better.

Seems like Kino is traveling for some reason, also running from his old "master" as kino and hermes refer to him. They stop in different "countries" and stay for 3 days untill moving on. Each country has its own theme and kino checks the country out from his outsiders view.

The series has these weird cut scenes that ask questions too. Reminds me of Lain with its bizarre cuts with questions.

But so far it has me interested in seeing where all he goes and more about what he left behind. Plus the opening and closing songs are nice. I really like the closing song.

5. I saw this at frys today... and the box alone made me want to get it... I think this very well could be my next purchase...

6. I bought the box/volume 1 DVD about a month ago. It's really quite a good show so far. The bike is named Hermes and talks in an odd voice to Kino (Who's actually a girl). It's a very relaxed show that can shock you a bit a times when it switches to 'Dark Mode.' You're just hangin' out enjoying the atmosphere and then a bunny gets shot through the skull... The second DVD is coming out in like a week or so (My local comic shop got it in already and they usually get stuff about a week before release). There's a total of 4 disks to the box with 3 eps per disk. Though I think the first has 4... Either way it's something I'd really recommend seeing, if only for the fantastic atmosphere.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. I'm all over it then...

8. Come back with your impressions on the series. The GF and I were comparing notes after watching and I'd like to see what others think.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. I'll be picking it up rather soon, possibly even tomorrow. I'll let you all know what I think of it.

10. Sounds cool. I remember watching a similar anime, only the boy was friends with a talking red car, searching for his parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.