Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: evangelion

1. evangelion

neon genesis evanglieon DVD box set is on sale at my local video store for $25 bucks.

I have heard some extremely positive stuff about this show. Stuff like "this is the best anime series ever!" and it sounds okay, but I don't like to purchase stuff off hype alone. Anyone here ever see it and if so is it worth the purchase(and high praise.)

2. I liked it, and it is your duty as an anime fan to watch it at least once. And to answer your eventual questions after watching it: no we don't know what the fuck is going on either.

3. It's not very good.

But for $25, you might as well get it. Most people like it, so you probably will too.

4. It's pretty good although you'll have to put up with a whiny bitch of a main character, and if you want to finish the story you'll also have to pick up End of Evangelion as the series only concludes the director's Live Journal session. As for best anime series ever, I'd rank it somewhere after FLCL and Cowboy Bebop. Definately worth $25 in any case.
    Quote Originally Posted by animegirl
    And to answer your eventual questions after watching it: no we don't know what the fuck is going on either.
    Yeah we do. Except for Kaji, of course.

5. Thanks I'll pick it up first thing in the morning

6. It depends on your defination of good.

There's a lot of story, but you have to watch the subtitles closely and catch the hints of the background.

The characters are almost all misfits or out of the ordinary people.

Anyway, it's never been one of my favorites. I used to like it a little in middle school, but found my tastes and tolerances changing later (I renounced my love of ranma 1/2 later in my highschool life after about 4 years of love for it)

7. Quote Originally Posted by Station
    but you have to watch the subtitles closely
    Or turn up the volume on your TV and hear what the characters are saying.

That works too.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    Or turn up the volume on your TV and hear what the characters are saying.

That works too.
    ew, english. I can't stand that whiney Shinji english voice

9. Shinji is whiney no matter what language hes dubbed in. ^_- Its worth the 25 bucks!

10. It's moot anyway, at that price it won't be there when you go back.