Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Alternative version MD games for sale on eBay

1. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Is a bootleg Alien Soldier really hurting anyone, though? The other alternative is to pad some asshole's wallet charging a ridiculous inflated price.

I mean, really. eBay is being crushed under the weight of bootlegs but only the most anal of hardcore gamers give a shit about boot Mega Drive games.

I have to agree with Diffusion here

honestly, you aren't hurting sega any, they aren't making any money of this game any more

all that's happening is some collector is going to get less money for it now when he sells his copy

you're not taking any money out of the developers hands on this so to me who the hell cares

the newer GBA bootlegs, yeah they need to be stopped, but on something that hasn't been in production for years now, who cares

I bet you 99% of the people who are buying games off ebay wouldn't know the difference between a legit cart and a bootleg anyway
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. It isn't hurting the developers, but it could be hurting the buyer that doesn't know it is a boot, or independant game dealers that go out of their way to deliver rare titles to their customers. If people were really serious about playing older games for cheaper, they would emulate. These days, when people sell older titles such as this on ebay, it is an attempt to trick the buyer. That isn't cool.

PS: The developer/publisher got their fair share long ago so that doesn't factor.

3. Anyone buying a copy of Alien Soldier (as opposed to Sonic or something) is probably knowledgeable enough to know about bootlegs, and anybody buying games for resale DEFINITELY knows about it. Caveat emptor.

As Johnpv said, the GBA/DVD type stuff is a huge problem but this isnt.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Wilykat
    At least those are easy to spot as bootleg games. Easy to avoid.

Try searching GBA games on eBay and see if you can tell as easily which are legit and which aren't.
    IT's pretty easy: They're all bootleg. Unless it's used and being sold in the US, all the GBA games on ebay are boots.

5. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Anyone buying a copy of Alien Soldier (as opposed to Sonic or something) is probably knowledgeable enough to know about bootlegs, and anybody buying games for resale DEFINITELY knows about it. Caveat emptor.

As Johnpv said, the GBA/DVD type stuff is a huge problem but this isnt.
    If you had to choose one or the other: Allow boots on ebay or no boots on ebay, which would you choose? This may not be an epidemic, but that doesn't mean it isn't wrong.

6. I have no problem with what the guy is selling. He practically spells it out in his description, so if some dumb-ass can't figure it out. They got a legit copy as far as they know.

I'd be more than willing to give some guy $30, to have a copy of Radiant Silvergun. Paying $150 for a game that is most likely over-hyped, is stupid.

7. I like that he basically says it's pirated, that's downright honest for ebay. I hate that ANY bootlegs are sold. Selling boots as authentic, no matter what the platform, is deceptive. It still hurts ebay's repuation as well. Being willing to pay for something that's pirated makes little sense, since you can spend far less and get the core game by doing the work yourself.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 26 Jun 2005 at 05:29 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    I'd be more than willing to give some guy $30, to have a copy of Radiant Silvergun.
    pm.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

9. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    Id be more than willing to give some guy $30, to have a copy of Radiant Silvergun. Paying $150 for a game that is most likely over-hyped, is stupid.
    Then you are a dope if you can't figure out how to find the ISO and burn a CD. Pirates are the middle-men that reflect the ignorant masses. If you would rather spend $30 instead of 30 seconds figuring out how to get something for yourself, you are quite the ignoramus.

10. I wouldn't mind buying a bootleg so long as it's quality made. I've seen some boots that actually look better than the 'official' versions. I'd definitely be interested in a fansub boot, a la the German Secret of Mana 3 (but in, um, English).