Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: "Alternative version MD games for sale on eBay

1. Mega Drive "Alternative version MD games for sale on eBay

Some dude is selling pirate copies of Battle Mania II and Alien Soldier on eBay. So, it's come down to this? This is how lax eBay is about this shit?

2. eBay won't know if someone is selling a pirated version unless it has been reported. Start sending those emails to eBay if you want this guy to suffer.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

3. At least those are easy to spot as bootleg games. Easy to avoid.

Try searching GBA games on eBay and see if you can tell as easily which are legit and which aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilykat
    At least those are easy to spot as bootleg games. Easy to avoid.

Try searching GBA games on eBay and see if you can tell as easily which are legit and which aren't.
    Uh, some are from Asia, some are from NA.

5. What, bootleg stuff on eBay???

OH THE HORROR!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    Uh, some are from Asia, some are from NA.
    Not always. I've bought a few GBA games (both JP and US versions) from sellers in the US that I wasn't able to tell were bootlegs until I had the actual carts in my hands, and could inspect the thing up close.

Thankfully, in both instances the sellers were willing to negotiate refunds.

7. Ebay sucks for this reason. There should be a "report auction" button, and when an auction gets a certain number of report button presses somebody takes note and checks it out. They purposely make it hard to report stuff so the auctions complete and they get their cut.

Ebay is the best there is, and that is sad.

8. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...unterfeit.html

Oh and the item numbers are 8201522494 , 8201522701

9. I already reported them.

After jumping through all the hoops.

10. Is a bootleg Alien Soldier really hurting anyone, though? The other alternative is to pad some asshole's wallet charging a ridiculous inflated price.

I mean, really. eBay is being crushed under the weight of bootlegs but only the most anal of hardcore gamers give a shit about boot Mega Drive games.