Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Alternative version MD games for sale on eBay

1. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    It isn't hurting the developers, but it could be hurting the buyer that doesn't know it is a boot, or independant game dealers that go out of their way to deliver rare titles to their customers. If people were really serious about playing older games for cheaper, they would emulate. These days, when people sell older titles such as this on ebay, it is an attempt to trick the buyer. That isn't cool.

PS: The developer/publisher got their fair share long ago so that doesn't factor.

the difference is, that a dealer should know the difference, a dealer gets paid to know the difference and if they don't a provide the customer with bootleg merchandise then that's their own fault
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. I wasn't quite sure how to go about posting the news about this (what area specifically) but I've been working on a videogame specific auction site over the last couple of months and its only just gone live in the last few weeks.

As the site is ran and operated by gamers we are enforcing an immediate no bootleg/pirate software/roms&emu policy which we can enforce as we know what to look for and cover all categories.

Its somewhat UK and Europe centric at the moment as thats where the advertising and press releases have gone out so far but there are a few US news sites and publications carrying the news next month for the update.

If I posted the news in the gaming discussion forum would it be suitable or would it be better in the sound off?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv
    all that's happening is some collector is going to get less money for it now when he sells his copy
    I bet you 99% of the people who are buying games off ebay wouldn't know the difference between a legit cart and a bootleg anyway
    You don't see how these two statements contradict each other?

This guy is making money off knock off items. He's no better than the movie bottlegger on the sidewalk. What about the person who buys it unknowingly? How would you feel if you bought something from someone and they told you "sorry, you should have known better," especially when the place they're selling at supposedly prohibits such a practice. Wouldn't you want your money back?

4. Shin Johnpv really has no argument here. He is just pretending he does.

5. I bought a couple of bootleg GBA games off of eBizzle..

one of them (Double Dragon) was obvious, as the sticker on the cart was a bit off, and the game itself had one of those wonky group intros (I think it was Eurasia).
    I left neutral feedback for the seller with a warning to others to stay away if they don't want a bootlegged GBA cart.. I personally had no problem with it and kept it.

the second one (Ninja Five-O) was a bit harder to tell.. There was no group intro, and the sticker on the cart looked OK, but the back of the box gave it away (the writing and the "screenshots").
    I left positive feedback for the seller because I didn't immediately recognize it as a bootleg.. Hell, I don't even think the seller knew it was.
    It's all good though.. hell of a great game.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

6. I say yes to bootlegs. Let's not be hypocrites who emulate but sneer at bootleggers.
    No gnus is good gnus.

7. Nobody makes money from emulation, so it's not the same thing.
    If I'm going to spend money at all, then I want it to go to the people who made the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilykat
    Not always. I've bought a few GBA games (both JP and US versions) from sellers in the US that I wasn't able to tell were bootlegs until I had the actual carts in my hands, and could inspect the thing up close.

Thankfully, in both instances the sellers were willing to negotiate refunds.

Buying GBA games over ebay is a hassle...I hate it, I got a bootleg of KoF and I was pissed (got my money back). The bootleg was worse then the ones at my local Asian mall (they do EVERYTHING from print manuals to boxes and cart stickers while you wait)...

Thats fucked...

9. It's removed by the way.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa
    Nobody makes money from emulation, so it's not the same thing.
    If I'm going to spend money at all, then I want it to go to the people who made the game.
    What is Treasure's cut on that $200 copy of Alien Soldier?