Thread: Insomnia sucks cock!

1. Insomnia sucks cock!

This movie was SUCH a disappointment I can't even begin...
    Boo, Hiss.

I thought the Movie had its moments like the cat and mouse game between Pacino and Robin Williams. Nice secenery I guess this Movie would be considered a disapointment coming off of Memento but I thought the guilt and anguish lies and cover ups were interesting.

Korian

3. It was good. I don't see how Nolan could've done any better since this was supposed to be an old-fashioned thriller, not some sensationalist piece.

Actually, if it was in black and white and had lighting like The Third Man, then it'd be fantastic.

4. I wasn't expecting anything sensational out of Nolan. Memento was such a different style that the two are virtually uncomparable directorially.

I just expected SO much more from Williams and Pacino. The whole thing was just done so...um...trite.

I'm all for nostalgia, but this just SCREAMED HBO original (w/ all star cast...)
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Keep in mind that it was a remake from a 1998 Swedish film...

I thought it was damn good. I havent seen Memento yet, but even if I did, it wouldnt have changed my perception, or expectation, of Insomnia.

edit: it was Norweigan. here's another mistake I made: its from 1997. I think its on Criterion DVD if anybody wants to check it out.

6. Originally posted by diffusionx
    Keep in mind that it was a remake from a 1998 Swedish film...

I thought it was damn good. I havent seen Memento yet, but even if I did, it wouldnt have changed my perception, or expectation, of Insomnia.
    Actually, it's a Norwegian film. It's not as well constructed or polished as the American remake, but the writing is sharper and there's much more moral ambiguity (Hollywood demands all characters to be defined).

7. I thought it was fantastic.

I guess, if you came in expecting another Memento, you might not like it. I usually dont think about a director when I go to see a movie, cause...well, you are not supposed to.

I thought everything about it was top notch though.
    your mom

8. ... so it was nothing like Momento?

... Nolan's other movie, Following, followed a similar pattern by mixing up the chronology of the story (instead of going strictly backwards like Momento, it sort of jumped all over the place)... i thought it worked very well, and was great on both the first and second viewings, although the movie was quite short...