Thread: Power-Gig: The Next Big Music Game?

1. Power-Gig: The Next Big Music Game?

Imagine guitar hero with a real guitar. This could be a sneak hit in a genre that has been beaten to death.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...ower-gig/63187

Don't waste your time with the video - no gameplay is shown.

The bandwagon is gone. This game will not sell.

Start a fucking band, you jerks.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Start a fucking band, you jerks.
    I'd like to think this game would help teach someone how to play guitar in a more enjoyable way.

This is so ironic
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. Looked like a Natal game. Near as I can tell from the Nothing that was shown, they might as well have been playing a broom. Which would have more entertaining, now that I think on it.

James

What was the other way? Putting it in your ear?

I learned how to play guitar by picking one up and fucking doing it. If you need a video game to motivate you to play guitar, you might be an asshole.

In a world of headphone guitar amps, guitar amps as big as a pack of cigarettes, travel guitars, cheap $150 Mexican strats, a dozen different tab sites, half as many tab software packages, guitars with built in LEDs that will light up with the correct finger placement, I'd say yeah, you might be a little asshole if you need a game to teach you how to play.

I need to stop being an asshole and practice more
    Last edited by Fe 26; 18 Mar 2010 at 02:56 AM.

10. Also considering that Rock Band 3, a brand that has quite a following, might be going this exact same route, I'd say this game has to do something amazingly off the charts for it to beat the other big music games. Granted, there has been no official word on RB3 and what new experiences it will offer.