Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1828303132

Thread: May sales numbers.

[*]Ridge Racer 64: Nintendo published this? Even if they did it's still not that hot at all. I count this solely as a Namco game.

Just to clarify, Nintendo not only published, but also developed this one, and not only is it arguably the best Ridge Racer, it's one of the best racing games ever. It deserves to be on any such list.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

2. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel
    not only is it arguably the best Ridge Racer
    No.

it's one of the best racing games ever.
    NO.

3. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    The game's design relied far too heavily on fetch quests and collecting pointless shit. The Starfox characters were crammed into a game that pretty clearly wasn't intended to feature them, Rare's character design was as atrocious as ever, and the level design was bland. Pretty, but bland.
    IBTN

4. Oh God, that's greatness. Especially the facial expression in the last panel.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel
    [*]Ridge Racer 64: Nintendo published this? Even if they did it's still not that hot at all. I count this solely as a Namco game.

Just to clarify, Nintendo not only published, but also developed this one, and not only is it arguably the best Ridge Racer, it's one of the best racing games ever. It deserves to be on any such list.
    R4 is easily the best Ridge Racer and it stomps the living shit out of Ridge Racer 64.

6. R4 stomps the living shit out of nearly every 32/64-bit racing game, except Daytona and the Wipeouts. RR 64 is better for quick plays though. Plus, the controls are some of the best in the series.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. R4 is easily the best Ridge Racer and it stomps the living shit out of Ridge Racer 64.
    Ridge Racer 5 shits all over R4. R4 just has more stuff, as a racing game RR5 is var superior.

But yes, both of these games are far far far better than Ridge Racer 64.

8. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Ridge Racer 5 shits all over R4. R4 just has more stuff, as a racing game RR5 is var superior.
    I like both R4 and RRV's driving models equally, but I much prefer R4's art and track design. RRV is pretty ordinary to look at. On the other hand, RRV is a helluva better challenge--R4's weakest point by far is the difficulty (or lack thereof). Overall, I'd say the art and track designs of R4 make it my favorite.

9. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    I disagree.
    But yes, both of these games are far far far better than Ridge Racer 64.
    But I can't disagree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    Please....no more....Metroidvanias....!
    no one said you had to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    It's gotta be Ninjas.
    was there any doubte?