Thread: (E3 2002) Impressions of Auto Modellista

1. (E3 2002) Impressions of Auto Modellista

Capcom's racer is looking mighty good!

Three words to describe this game: Oh. My. God. The cel-shading in this game is absolutely stunning, and for those arcade enthusiasts, Auto Modellista will make you happy because this is pure power-slide action. I played Auto Modellista on both the sit down arcade cabinets that they had as well as on the PlayStation 2, and both handled exactly the same.

The graphics are amazing, with lots of cool detail in the game. While you won’t see the rain pitter-pattering on the hood of your car, you’ll see some really stylish “speed marks” when racing through a tunnel. The graphics aren’t any different between the PS2 and arcade versions, although the latter is a little bit sharper, although that’s probably due to the fact that it was on a better monitor. The control right now is kind of loose, and you’ll have to adjust a whole lot after you come out of a turn, but I’m sure that it will be tightened up a little bit before release.

There were two courses available, the test course and the Tokyo course. While the test course isn’t too exciting, the Tokyo course is very cool. Taking place in the night and during rainfall, the action did not slow down at all, except for the subtle hints of lag that was caused by the network connection on the arcade cabinets. There were a ton of cars to choose from, and they were all licensed cars as well. Since I don’t know jack about cars, I just stuck with what I knew was decent: the Mazda RX-7. There are other manufacturers, such as Nissan, Honda and Toyota.

All in all Auto Modellista is coming along real nice. If Capcom can do a little tightening on the controls, this should be an amazing arcade racer.
    If my memory of her has an expiration date, let it be 10,000 years.

2. I was so hyped when I heard about this game. Now that I've heard there are only 2 tracks, I'm somewhat dissappointed. With there be more than 2 tracks? If not, I hope they are'nt planning to sell this game for more than $30.

Golgo 13 Guest

Re: (E3 2002) Impressions of Auto Modellista

Originally posted by Reno
    this is pure power-slide action.
    what are you talking about? the build that they had at E3 this year had no power slidding at all, infact, all the cars handled exactly the same.

4. Re: Re: (E3 2002) Impressions of Auto Modellista

Originally posted by Golgo 13

what are you talking about? the build that they had at E3 this year had no power slidding at all, infact, all the cars handled exactly the same.
    I guess if you're expecting Ridge Racer style uniqueness, this is definitely going to be disappointing. I am sure it will be addressed in the final build.

I'll take this note to relate that I will basically do a hodge podge later this week to convey impressions and the overall E3 event.