Thread: Trinity Blood

1. Whoa Trinity Blood

I just got done watching the first episode of a new anime called Trinity Blood and so far it blows me away. This is a new one from Studio Gonzo so the quality is really high. Its like a mix of vampire hunter D, Last exile and Hellsing all rolled up into one new series.

The story from what I gather from the first episode is, the earth is ruined after a nuclear holocaust(ala Vampire Hunter D). After the earth settled after the war, some giant space ships appear bringing a new menance to the world....vampires. The ships and flying bits remind me heavily of Last Exile. It seems the world is divided between the Vatican, protecting humans and the vampires (ala Hellsing) but thats not all of it, seems there is a mysterious 3rd group that feeds on vampires also.

So far the animation is very nice and the music goes great with the series. The opening theme by Buck Tick is great and so is the wonderful ending theme.

I've got to get me more and quick cause I think I found me another top series to watch and this should hold people down till the next hellsing.

anyone else with any comments on this one?

2. Watched an ep of this last night, looked awesome and shows promise, I'll keep getting 'em.

I'm going to check it out...sounds good...

4. THanks for the headsup. I will be checking it out tonight.

5. Everything about the anime is slick. For reals.

D, sounds like it'd be right up your alley.

6. Watched first 3 episodes, and its decent. Not groundbreaking, and unfortunately if shares the similarity to Trigun (adding unnecessary moments of silliness when its not really needed), but otherwise I dig it.

I like it so far...I got the first 3 eps, but I have only watched 2 so far...

8. Well funimation has snagged this one up also. Damn they snag things up fast now days.

9. It's their "Summer of Gonzo."