Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil: Deadly Silence - Official Thread

1. This whole scheme of naming DS games with the initials DS... it's getting tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    This whole scheme of naming DS games with the initials DS... it's getting tired.
    I think it's somewhat clever. It certainly beats "Super not-Genesis worthy" and "This should be on PS 64".

3. Uh oh...I foresee (yet more) trouble in this thread. Especially when I'm the first to say it - that looks like yuck. Worse than I was expecting. From a distance some of those models have so few pixels they look like they belong on a 2600. I see no advantage with going fully polygonal if they're not going to use the over the shoulder view, they should've stuck with the CG-still BGs. Hopefully they can clean the engine up, but man...

...must...restore...faith in DS....

Aaaahhhh.....there we go.
    -Kyo

4. ehhh, yeah looks like ass. I guess, its kind of cool if you're a huge Resident Evil fan and just gotta have it on the go - me, I'll pass.I'm sure the DS has more than a couple of original games, I'd rather play on the road.(well, maybe only a couple at this point)But, if I want to play Resident Evil, I think I'll turn on my Gamecube instead.

5. http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/ds/...vilds/nds2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    I could see them making a near-Code Veronica level game with the DS hardware, maybe another sidestory game.
    LAWWWL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    that looks like yuck.
    It doesn't look great, but let's remember a few things here. No DS game has looked good in screen captures thus far for whatever reason. They look much better on the system. In addition, these captures were blown up for the magazine, then scanned for the internet. The quality loss in that combination is huge. I'm not saying this is going to be a beauty, but the process that brought us these shots could make Eva Longoria look like Vida Guerra... from the front.

7. ouch, these graphics hurt...

in case the pics don't work...
    http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/ds/...vilds/nds1.jpg
    http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/ds/...vilds/nds2.jpg

thses graphics are first generation PS1 quality.

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog
    I was wondering what happened to the GB Color Resident Evil.
    Cancelled due to quality issues, according to Capcom. A shame, since I recall it looking pretty good in screen shots.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    I see no advantage with going fully polygonal if they're not going to use the over the shoulder view, they should've stuck with the CG-still BGs.
    Those look like the CG-still BGs from the original game, albeit in very low res. Did you read somewhere that those are indeed polygonal?

...must...restore...faith in DS....
    Aaaahhhh.....there we go.
    That is indeed one sweet looking game. Castlevania and Advance Wars are gonna make me buy a DS, I just know it...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Cancelled due to quality issues, according to Capcom. A shame, since I recall it looking pretty good in screen shots.
    lol, I think YellerDog was just joking about Capcom reanimating the corpse of that game to whore out the series on the DS.

Anybody who buys this game deserves to get kicked in the nads. People really need to stop giving money to the bastards at Capcom for releasing the same handful of games over and over again in slightly diffferent packaging.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Not Shade
    Anybody who buys this game deserves to get kicked in the nads.
    I can't wait to get kicked it the nads. It will be a worthy purchase as long as they include new elements the use the touchscreen and/or microphone. Though, I wish if they were going to do another version of RE, that they would allow you to play as Wesker, for an alternate perspective.

Based on the Chris screens, I wonder if you can play the whole game in first person?