Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 616181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil: Deadly Silence - Official Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Yeah, I really don't get this attitude either. One of the Konami guys said they weren't planning to make a Silent Hill game for the PSP or DS for that reason. But, how is playing a console game in the dark any different than playing a handheld game in the dark? Also, uhm, what about that Silent Hill game you guys made for the GBA?
    I don't get this either.
    If anything, the opposite is true.
    I can play my DS under my blankets, or in the middle of the woods.
    Good luck doing that with a console and a television.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Undaunted
    Yep, it's still pre-rendered. First person screenshots are actually from the Knife Battle sequences, which only occur during fixed locations in the game.
    Okay, consider my interest bumped down a couple notches. Grrrrrrr.

From the looks of it, it seems that Deadly Silence will be a bit more action-oriented than the previous versions. Notice that not only there are a larger amount of enemies on-screen, they're also mixing different types of creatures in the same location. AFAIK, no other RE games has done that before.
    Could be interesting. Still much less interested than I was before. Guess it's a wait and see kind of thing.

3. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi

Okay, seriously, do you have a brain condition or something? What makes such stupid things come out of your mouth on such a regular basis?

my point is, they both look like ass!

4. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Yeah, I really don't get this attitude either. One of the Konami guys said they weren't planning to make a Silent Hill game for the PSP or DS for that reason. But, how is playing a console game in the dark any different than playing a handheld game in the dark?
    It's the same as watching a huge action movie on a tiny screen. Most of the effect is ruined by the presentation. Silent Hill games are all about the presentation, while the gameplay means very little, so putting them on handhelds would neuter them.

5. The game will also include Wi-Fi support for up to four players, although the exact nature of it is still unknown. Perhaps now we can all play as Chris, Jill, Barry and Rebecca now at the same time and have the definite RE1 scenario. That would probably be Deadly Silence's saving crace.

Look at the screenshot on the bottom right on the following page:
    http://www.jeux-france.com/images2_4_12605.html

The text next to it describes more or less how the Knife Battles works, even though we can still see Chris on the scenery and one of the Hunter is focusing his attention toward the camera rather than Chris.

Also notice, the following scan describing Bravo Team members:
    http://www.jeux-france.com/images3_4_12605.html

Notice that the screenshot depicts Rebecca Chambers in front of the bathroom's mirror, putting on her bandanna. AFAIK, there was no way to enter the bathroom as Rebecca (in Chris' game) without cheating.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Undaunted
    The game will also include Wi-Fi support for up to four players, although the exact nature of it is still unknown. Perhaps now we can all play as Chris, Jill, Barry and Rebecca now at the same time and have the definite RE1 scenario. That would probably be Deadly Silence's saving crace.
    That would be the best thing ever.

7. Resident Evil 2 on N64 looked a lot better than that, and the DS is a lot more powerful than the N64. I have a feeling those early screenshots don't represent much.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi128
    That would be the best thing ever.
    Hopefully it's better than outbreak.

9. Press Release from Capcom:
    http://www.capcom.com/news/news.xpml?prid=550049

CAPCOM® ANNOUNCES RESIDENT EVIL®: DEADLY SILENCE
    FOR NINTENDO DS™

Handheld Adaptation of Original Resident Evil Masterpiece Brings Survival Horror Back to its Roots for Series’ 10th Anniversary

SUNNYVALE, Calif. - October 21, 2005 — Capcom® today announced Resident Evil®: Deadly Silence for Nintendo DS™, a rendition of the original Resident Evil game that features both new and familiar gameplay, adapted to incorporate the handheld system’s unique feature set. Resident Evil will celebrate its 10th anniversary in 2006, marking a decade since the birth of the series that has been credited with popularizing and defining the survival horror genre. The Resident Evil series has sold more than 26 million units worldwide and is Capcom’s highest sellingseries. Resident Evil: Deadly Silence will carry an “M” rating for mature audiences by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) and Capcom plans to release the game across North America in Q1 2006.

A secluded mansion in Raccoon City has been the center of top-secret biotech experiments – all funded by a mysterious corporation known only as Umbrella. When contact with the scientists at the mansion is broken and reports of gory attacks come in from areas nearby, the Special Tactics and Rescue Squads (S.T.A.R.S.) is sent in to investigate. The team is chased into the nearby foreboding mansion by a pack of monstrous creatures. Once inside the adventure begins.

Players control Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine as they embark on a horrific quest through a dark and mysterious mansion filled with unimaginable horrors. An entire arsenal aids them on their quest including bazookas, shotguns, pistols, health supplies and more. The heroes will need all the help they can get to survive a house filled with flesh hungry zombies, giant spiders, horrific amphibious creatures, mutant dogs and worse.

Players can relive the beginning of the Resident Evil saga in a newly revamped “rebirth mode.” Whereas the original game focused more on puzzle solving,this new version will place a heavy emphasis on action with more enemies and ammo as well as improved visuals for intense enemy confrontations. Also, nearly half the puzzles have been freshly upgraded providing new challenges for fans. In addition, therebirth mode includes enhanced controls and will incorporate the DS system’s unique feature set, utilizing the touch screen and microphone functions.

Resident Evil: Deadly Silence includes the following features:
    • Dual screens offer a more accessible player interface
    o Top screen displays area map, ammo supply and color denoted health meter
    o Bottom screen features main action view and also switches to sub screen menus
    • Touch panel provides innovative gameplay variety
    o New battle elements using touch screen – control the knife with the stylus to slash enemies and even deflect jumping dogs
    o Fend off enemies – an effective maneuver for escaping an enemy’s deadly clutches is to move the stylus quickly back and forth over your foe which will shake them off
    o Navigate sub screen menus by using either the touch screen or regular buttons
    • New enhanced controls
    o Reload function – allows players to quickly and easily refill their equipped weapons
    o Quick 180 turn – provides much needed agility to escape dangerous situations
    o Knife button – permanently mapped knife can be used at any time, reducing one item from the inventory
    • Microphone function – solve puzzles and even resuscitate your injured teammate by blowing into the microphone
    • Multiplayer network gameplay in specially created mansion map
    o Two to four players can play wirelessly
    o Vs. mode – players compete for high scores by defeating the most enemies and performing the quickest escapes
    o Cooperative mode – work together with others to solve puzzles, collect items and get out of the mansion
    Apparently they'll be incorporating some features from RE4 after all (knife button, quick reload), as well as the quick turn from RE3. I hope the multiplayer mode will be part of the storyline and not just a throwaway bonus game.

Even if the port sucks, at least we'll some really cool artwork from Shinkiro (ripped from IGN).

10. Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Undaunted
    NICE.

Shinkiro rules. Capcom was smart to hire him after SNK bit the dust.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww