Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil: Deadly Silence - Official Thread

1. and this coming from Andy...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    You know what, I have come to the conclusion that the Nintendo DS is the instrument of Lucifer himself,
    Originally posted at gaming-age
    The DS is the instrument of satan.
    Wanna cracker?
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

2. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    That demo did suck, but it could potentially work if tweaked. I've played through all of Quake on a PDA and it worked far better than MP:H did.
    It supposedly still played like ass at E3.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    I could see them making a near-Code Veronica level game with the DS hardware, maybe another sidestory game.
    Hey Carmack, tell us how they can make a near-Dreamcast quality game on N64-level hardware!

4. They could scale it down a bit if need be. Hell, the DS has near-GC level graphics with Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, and Metroid Prime. I could see them pulling off DC-level stuff.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. First of all, Animal Crossing GC was a port of an N64 game.

Secondly:

vs.

ALSO

vs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    They could scale it down a bit if need be.
    Yes, they will have to scale it back so its a N64 game.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Hell, the DS has near-GC level graphics with Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, and Metroid Prime.
    So the vision's finally gone, eh? That's a shame. My condolences.

7. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    Since the PSP couldn't bring anything new to this game other than sub-PS2 visuals, what reason could you have for saying that? Because the only answers coming to mind are "graphics whore" and "fanboy."

Defend yourself, lad!
    Well, most people don't agree with me on most things, especially gaming, so I've pretty much given up trying to defend myself on most occasions. Especially considering that showing a particular affinity or passion towards one thing automatically gets you labeled as, like you said, "fanboy," or what have you. That said, if you want to know the reasons behind why I don't like this decision, they are reletively simple. I love RE4. Just because I don't like it going to the DS doesn't mean I would only rather have it on the PSP. I just want the experience done justice, and I don't think the DS would be capable of that.

I'm not interested in mini-games or arbitrary additions to the game that take advantage of the touch/dual screens or the DS's other features, and I think the touch screen makes for an incredibly poor substitute for an analog stick, so nothing the DS offers that is unique to the platform means anything to me, at least for this game. And yes, you can call me a graphics whore if you like, but the graphics really, really do matter for this game (And most games. As if liking impressive visuals is a bad thing. :/), to me, and I just don't think the DS is capable. And sure, I do think the game would certainly be more suited to the PSP between the two handhelds, primarilly because the entire way the game plays was built behind the widescreen perspective, and I think the PSP would be much more capable of capturing the look and atmosphere of the game, but that isn't the point. I would take this on the GameCube over a PSP version, and obviously a DS version, anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    and this coming from Andy...

Wanna cracker?
    Wow, I post at two different video game forums. Thank you for blowing my mind.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

8. I would take this on the GameCube over a PSP version, and obviously a DS version, anyday.
    Maybe they figured two remakes of RE1 on the same system was taking it a bit too far. I mean, yeah, it's Capcom, but even they have some limits.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Maybe they figured two remakes of RE1 on the same system was taking it a bit too far. I mean, yeah, it's Capcom, but even they have some limits.

Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.