Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1929313233

Thread: Resident Evil: Deadly Silence - Official Thread

1. So guys, did this turn out good, or what?

Seriously.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Yes! That would be sweet AI.
    Yeah. It's not like Doom did it back in 1993 or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    I think the mixed enemies is wrong from a story point of view. Hunters, for instance, are engineered to kill. I don't buy that if you put a hunter with two zombies in a room anything but the hunter would be there after five minutes. No way are Hunters and zombies gang banging.
    I'm not sure about that. I was reading that Resident Evil Archives book, and I think it said that the Hunters possessed enough intelligence that they were able to follow simple commands and that they just didn't run out and kill everything they saw. I could be wrong, however, so I'll re-check the book later.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Yeah. It's not like Doom did it back in 1993 or anything.
    Stop dilluting this board with facts.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa
    Actually, this isn't the first time a RE game has had mixed enemies.
    Apparently, RE3 had instances where the Nemesis would show up while other enemies were around.
    I can't confirm this myself, since I haven't played it in years, but I dug this up from a FAQ:

Yeah, I know, but those were rare occassions and not very common. The only other times I've seen different monsters together are Cerberuses are eating zombies or that one time in RE3 where a Hunter decapitates a zombie.

You can also count the few times in RE4 where you fight a Garrador or two with Zealots in RE4 as instances of mixed enemy groups, but I always considered the Garrador to be a souped-up Ganado to begin with.

So guys, did this turn out good, or what?

Seriously.
    It's a pretty faithful port of Classic RE1 that adds some improvements here and there if that's what you're wondering. If you're a fan, you will love it, but if you hated all the pre-RE4 games, then you won't like this one much either.
    Last edited by Johnny Undaunted; 12 Feb 2006 at 04:53 PM.

5. I'm a fan, but I already have REmake and RE:Director's Cut, so I really don't see the point in buying this when there's plenty of original DS games I've yet to play.

6. I haven't seen anyone comment on the music yet- how is it? Does the game somehow manage to use the original PS1 soundtrack?

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I haven't seen anyone comment on the music yet- how is it? Does the game somehow manage to use the original PS1 soundtrack?
    It's fine. It's exactly the same. I mean it doesn't sound as good coming out of the DS speakers, but through the headphones I can't tell a difference from the PS1 original.
    Time for a change

8. Very cool. I'll be picking this up Friday.

9. My girlfriend got it for me. It's nice to be playing through it again after all this time, although not much new was added for Rebirth Mode. Still, the touch screen knife fights and puzzles and the microphone CPR were fairly cool additions, but I wish there had been more of them. But I don't think I'm even halfway through yet so we'll see what's to come. Very cool so far, however.

Violating Jill with the stylus is shameful.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 20 Feb 2006 at 01:13 PM.

10. There's one cool section with the knife mode. You'll know it when you see it. Otherwise it's just a fairly interesting minigame.